• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need a spring, unless you are constantly smacking the antenna off stuff. If you were doing that I would just remove when not used.

agreed, and that was one of the reasons why I moved to fiberglass, so great for when I have to get in the garage. trouble is I only actually use the cb on trails, and thats where I need the spring.

Yesterday I started getting my rig ready for helping at the Ledwidge Lookoff Rally. Swept / vacuumed it out, took a shock mount off for repair (need to buy a large die tomorrow), trimmed my new LH tail pipe to match the other side.

Must have overlooked those SHINEY CHROME rollers ;) hahaha . But yes I had fun and my 4x4 held together and wasn't acting up near as bad as I thought. I already ordered two new hubs and a solenoid that will be installed before halifax exhibition truck pulls!!! August 16!!

Must have overlooked those SHINEY CHROME rollers ;) hahaha . But yes I had fun and my 4x4 held together and wasn't acting up near as bad as I thought. I already ordered two new hubs and a solenoid that will be installed before halifax exhibition truck pulls!!! August 16!!

I got some awesome photos of the truck at the bogs !

Honestly, yeah, I missed that, lol! I was looking on my phone and your camo grill looked like mud still on from yesterday :P! I guess my eyesight is going, since turning 40 the week before last ;)!

:D (do they have a wider smiley?) post them in run thread and lets keep this on topic (ask me questions about those shinty rollers!!) hehe

Go bury it in a hole and try it out!!!

Did the breaks on my friends TJ, and installed a steering stabilizer on another's JK, Ground out a bunch of welds on the Truggy cage and fixed them up, Oh and added an extension to my welder so I can reach the other side of garage...

Before & after of the cowl...it's was really sun bleached! OEM is a dark grey, but I went with Satin black Dupli-Color bumper/trim paint.

lol, it will be the cleanest part of the X...I haven't washed it since before the NSJC Relay for Life Run in May!!

post-429-0-94880400-1375297653_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-51620500-1375297655_thumb.jpg

Jacked the rear end up again to check for that noise (goes in tomorrow to get looked at, want to make sure it didn't magically disappear lol) seems to be worse and noticed on the drivers side hub assembly (think thats the correct term) that fluid has leaked out and their is a fair amount all over the assembly and dust cover (was not there the last time I checked). Passenger side is nice and dry. Spun the tires and there appears to be more resistance then before and the diff gets really hot after a short drive, will find out whats up tomorrow.

Jacked the rear end up again to check for that noise (goes in tomorrow to get looked at, want to make sure it didn't magically disappear lol) seems to be worse and noticed on the drivers side hub assembly (think thats the correct term) that fluid has leaked out and their is a fair amount all over the assembly and dust cover (was not there the last time I checked). Passenger side is nice and dry. Spun the tires and there appears to be more resistance then before and the diff gets really hot after a short drive, will find out whats up tomorrow.

Same side that got hit. Bearing, seal pooched due to a bent axle tube or axle (most likely the axle). I'll find the post, but I think I mentioned that almost 2 months ago...lol

Same side that got hit. Bearing, seal pooched due to a bent axle tube or axle (most likely the axle). I'll find the post, but I think I mentioned that almost 2 months ago...lol

Actually not the same side that got hit. Don't need to find it, I know you mentioned it lol. My insurance company and the company who did the work also were informed about it, apparently no one listened to me when I told them stuff was off by an inch or so and that the rear end felt different and to please look at the rear end assembly.

The 2"x 4" rails that I had made for my WK were the single best armour I've done. Having the rock rails certainly give me peace of mind and now that the underside is pretty well plated, the odd bang doesn't send shivers up my spine. It's so much easier to pick your line on a trail when you know where you have armour underneath. :king:

Archived