• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Center hole on the hubs the same size? ...or are you getting new rims?

I don't understand your question. The tire in the pic is one Clarence had - he only has the one wheel so I'm getting new wheels. Obviously the tire in the pic fit the hub properly - it's from a 2500 HD.

A quick google search said that the Dodge 8 bolt is the same pattern as the H2, but the the centre is smaller than the Dodge rim...

I was assuming that Tim's rims were 8-bolt Dodge...

Ahhh - so the ones Tim had were universal and were the correct hub size; however, they were not a matching set... one of them was a 16.5" wheel so I'm back to the drawing board.

Hahaha!!! Ive heard that joke 50 times today... Never gets old, wait until tomorrow when I put the new 35's on it!

Awesome! Make sure you have a piece paracord or something tied to the stool and the door...makes it easy to pull up into the Jeep after use ;)

Installed a USB audio adapter, goodbye CD's! I thought taking out the radio would be a lot more difficult then it was, 2 screws and she popped right out :) The most difficult part was getting the airbag warning light to stop flashing on the dash haha (dunno why it came on after I removed the radio but I have a hunch). I also painted a new trailer connector (it was zinc plated and looks weird on the black truck) and will install that into my bumper tomorrow...hopefully. No more ripping the connector off on trails :)

Working on XJ's tonight in garage.Will be four of them here for the night before we head to the valley.Busy loading gear,tools,spare stuff and one needs tow points geared up yet!Waiting on them now to get home from work and head to Elmwood!!

My Firestik MK204R Door Jamb Mini Kit order from Walcott CB http://www.walcottcb.com arrived (the other day).

I was really impressed with the Walcott CB order process and delivery was super fast!

The Firestik kit came with

• 18' of Coax Cable
  • Rubber Grommet
  • Stainless Steel Antenna Mount with Swivel
  • Antenna Stud

I routed the Firestik coax though the middle of the X away from any system cables, and fitted a fiberglass antenna.

I think it looks much better than the Wilson 500 mag mount....the jury is out for performance :-D

I just need to source a spring for it as the fiberglass pole is very rigid and I've heard of them shattering when bent too far!

IMG_20130727_172429.jpg
IMG_20130727_172456.jpg

I had a quick look at what the Big Stop had, and it seems like they have a fair selection of different mounts and CB accessories. You might be able to find something there. I think I remember seeing spring mounts as well, but not 100% sure.

Archived