• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Jeddore Search

sar4x4

Worked at the West Jeddore search 5 pm till midnight Monday night.  Traffic control and a 3km bushwhack.

Working the search Tuesday 10 pm till daylight Wednesday morning.  Transportation with the F250.  Using bright flashy lights when loading and unloading folks on the roadside.  Going to recline the seat and get a bit of shut eye for a couple minutes....

Worked at the West Jeddore search 5 pm till midnight Monday night.  Traffic control and a 3km bushwhack.

Working the search Tuesday 10 pm till daylight Wednesday morning.  Transportation with the F250.  Using bright flashy lights when loading and unloading folks on the roadside.  Going to recline the seat and get a bit of shut eye for a couple minutes....

I was there Mon from 12pm-8:30pm and Tue from 8am-3:30pm. Monday in the woods, Tuesday mostly on and off the zodiac. Didn't see you at all! You Halifax peeps are a reclusive bunch. I met lots of folks from Musq Valley, Colchester, Hants.. and I think only 1 from Hali team? :/ I heard someone got hurt last night? I hope not too badly! Going through that **** in the dark is brutal.

Halifax team arrived supper time on Monday, but we set up 1 km from Easter Shore GSAR, in the next available spot.  Large spot.  We just could not have fit at your original site!  The traffic control I was doing was re-directing Halifax cars to the new site.  I waved at a Jeep leaving Eastern Shore site, and the driver waved back, I think it was Robbi's Jeep.....

The amount of searchers hours in those woods and only a sprain or two?  That is low numbers.  And the first couple warm nights you search in the hopes of finding the subject alive and waiting for help.  The statistics on that may have changed now, I don't know!m  I purposely write this comment in public, because I heard a searcher say last night we search at night for the media.  Which is not true.

Archived