• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Removed skidplates front to rear , removed front driveshaft , disconnected the starter and clutch cable , pulled the gearshift , removed center driveshaft , unbolted transmission from engine and dropped trans .Replaced throughout bearing . Put everything back in its place .All this and still have same niose . syncro's must be getting bad . Run her till it drops . 4.3 and a sm465 in the barn. may happen someday ??????

Removed skidplates front to rear , removed front driveshaft , disconnected the starter and clutch cable , pulled the gearshift , removed center driveshaft , unbolted transmission from engine and dropped trans .Replaced throughout bearing . Put everything back in its place .All this and still have same niose . syncro's must be getting bad . Run her till it drops . 4.3 and a sm465 in the barn. may happen someday ??????

That or the main shaft bearings..Grinding noise when let off the clutch?

I'm not supposed to ruin the surprise. But my birthday is coming up and Annie (the wife) ordered me a 12,000lbs winch, and I bought my plate for hidden mount (rough country).

And I'm sick of have this 40' of coax and 3ft fibreglass antenna kicking around so in buying a cobra 40 channel tomorrow.

That or the main shaft bearings..Grinding noise when let off the clutch?

not grinding , its just the noise you hear when the rig it running but in neutral . thought it was the through out bearing thats why i replaced it .

not grinding , its just the noise you hear when the rig it running but in neutral . thought it was the through out bearing thats why i replaced it .

Throw out bearing is for the clutch, but if the main shaft bearings for the transmission is going. You'll get a gurrrrrrrrr noise, when its in idle.

Now I have the rear shackles installed, it was time to lift the front suspension to complete my Poor Man's Lift.

It's not given me masses of extra height at the front, but I'm pretty pleased with the difference bang-for-buck at $120 taxes and US shipping and duty all in.

Once I'm happy with the height I'll need to get a front end alignment

Oh and one of my rear shocks is pissing oil now - I bet they're the originals.

IMG_20130702_143950.jpg

IMG_20130702_144029.jpg

IMG_20130702_144115.jpg

IMG_20130702_151003.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20130623_183007.jpg

BEFORE PML

Archived