• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

Ordered a new driver's side LCA and Cam bolts today. Local shop sheared a bolt today trying to align the X in prep for tires next week. They had to weld the remaining bolt end to the frame mount so that it is driveable. The front most lower mount has taken on some damage for some reason ( :p) and this outcome was highly likely.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flipped the rear hatch strut mounting brackets to give an impressive amount of extra lift height. now I can stand under it without gouging my eyeballs out on the shovel :)

lol, I played with struts as well, though mine was to install the hood mod.

Before:

post-429-0-66353200-1418513973_thumb.jpg

After:

post-429-0-70366300-1418513975_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-66145800-1418513977_thumb.jpg

Also installed a new air freshener on the roof :P

post-429-0-48587000-1418513979_thumb.jpg

Spent the weekend in my buddies garage working on our rigs , patched one of his fenders. Fixed a tranny leak.

Filled a small rust patch on my trunk, vaguely noticeable in the first picture

Wanted to get out wheeling this weekend but feels better being prepped for winter. I imagine the trails were perfect .

post-1007-0-29995200-1418604262_thumb.jp

post-1007-0-12540300-1418604318_thumb.jp

post-1007-0-08462900-1418604784_thumb.jp

post-1007-0-26775000-1418604817_thumb.jp

Finally after 6 months I remounted the skids today! PITA on the wet ground and solo, but worth it. They are certainly tweaked in a few spots and I had to use a ratchet strap to get a few holes to line up.

Tires should be here tomorrow (so I'm told) and then the LCA on Thursday. Hoping that I can get crap done Friday and finally be ready for the trails again ;)

Tried to start the X ......radio, cb, lights....but no action...and no click

I'm guessing the weekends deep mud baths got in the starter or transmission park neutral position switch

I eventually got it going by jumping it....but I it's a new battery, so maybe I disturbed something in the process. Hopefully just a one-off :)

Does anyone have any full synthetic grease??? I couldnt find any anywhere...

@Devin: Some sort of grille garnish? Or a light mount?

New bumper!

j/k; Rear light mount. LED lights already in hand. DPDT switch on order. That will give me "always-on" upper position, "off" centre position, and "on with reverse lights" lower position options. XOSKEL was the only option before and then they/he fubared lots of people earlier this year. This is a first run from Insain Fab (hence the IF logo). The item I receive will be powder coated and look like this

IMG_0297_zpss19gfbp3.jpg

Had a low coolant message pop up, and found that I have a leak around the water pump. :( Checked the trans fluid, and it was down a little too. Didn't see any leaks, and it only took about half a quart to top it back up.

A new water pump is under $40, so that's not too bad.

Im gonna cry the first time they get dirty!

They had better be tears of joy or else a lot of people will be standing in line to revoke your man card. I believe the UCA's are self programmed to un-install themselves and return to the factory if they are not used appropriately; at least that is what I heard :P

$40-50 for a water pump is about the same for me. Unfortunately, I'd also have to rip the whole front section of the engine bay off to replace it as it's driven from 1 of the 2 timing chains. While you're in there, replace the chains & tensioners too. Add a couple gaskets and other parts, it's a $700+ part list alone.

Got my truck back earlier this week! 2 months afterwards and not without some issues. I got it back not exactly as I gave it to them, my gas cap tether is broken, my horn no longer works, my tires where almost flat and my battery no longer holds a charge. Sadly that's just naming a few issues...... Anyways my main concern is the battery. I haven't done any trouble shooting yet but here's what's going on. I would drive for awhile on the highway, stop at the post office (turn truck off) grab my mail them come out. When I go to start the truck it barely starts and I mean barely. I would leave the battery on a trickle charger all night but it makes no difference.

Archived