• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

Got an update on my truck today (yes it's still in the shop). For the most part everything is done and is getting ready for paint. They noticed that there is a crack in my roof, courtesy of the factory roof rack. They were prepping it for primer when they noticed it and suggested a special epoxy to fill it for now and will do it for free (not a result of hail so I would normally have to pay). Something else to look into......an offroad friendly roof rack lol

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in time for our run in December :D

That's the plan ;) . I haven't made a run since Rob led one here in the Truro area earlier this year. The existing heims are very, very pooched. They have about 1/8th of movement which equates to almost 1 solid inch of play at the wheels. When I hot a bump, the wheel shakes A LOT!

I should also have my new sneakers on at that point. These f'n M/T's are useless to me at this point; though I did put on a good fishtail/rear wheel spin (both rears) on the way home tonight that was not quite intentional.

Umm, not sure where to post this and dont think it was deserving of its own thread.

The past couple months my drivers side footwell has been soaked with water, its a carpet floor with a thick sound deadening mat underneath.

Its becoming quite a nuissance because of evaporation and condesation :(

I HAVE GOT NO IDEA WHERE ITS COMING FROM

Im kind of leaning towards the idea of ripping out all the carpet from everywhere and bedlining the floor? Good bad i dont know i need some guidance.

Umm, not sure where to post this and dont think it was deserving of its own thread.

The past couple months my drivers side footwell has been soaked with water, its a carpet floor with a thick sound deadening mat underneath.

Its becoming quite a nuissance because of evaporation and condesation :(

I HAVE GOT NO IDEA WHERE ITS COMING FROM

Im kind of leaning towards the idea of ripping out all the carpet from everywhere and bedlining the floor? Good bad i dont know i need some guidance.

If this happens when your parked outside over night, not just driving. Check the seal on your door frame. Took me awhile to find exactly where its coming in on my jeep ,but sounds identical to my rig.

Drilled & tapped 2 holes in the cross member to be able to re-mount the T-case skid.

Also, found a smoking deal on a set of diff's geared 3.69 (vs. current 3.13). Rear has the OEM e-locker from the factory and the front has an ARB installed . Comes with everything (switches, compressor, wiring, lines, etc.) needed to swap in except for the bolts.

Bad news, while the price is exceptional, they are located in BC!

how much ?

Under $3k including Shipping (from BC). Problem I have is I could buy another car for that $$ (our existing Corolla is 2.5 years old and that's what we paid for it then), I don't wheel as often as I would like too and finally a fully locked vehicle would be overkill for almost every trail we run!

Under $3k including Shipping (from BC). Problem I have is I could buy another car for that $$ (our existing Corolla is 2.5 years old and that's what we paid for it then), I don't wheel as often as I would like too and finally a fully locked vehicle would be overkill for almost every trail we run!

Very wise decision

Purchased a set of beautiful camburg racing upper control arms, didnt want to get the uniball for a few reasons so instead did some research and figured my best option was to buy the camburg with a moog bj pre installed.

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/camburg-477817/camburg-uca-ball-joint-set-with-moog-ball-joints-pre-installed/

Oh why? You might ask.

Yesterday i noticed my uca bj on the pass side squeeking pretty badly so since i never upgraded control arms post lift i figured now would be a good time to upgrade.

Toyota is so ******* stupid some times with how they dont sell small parts of assemblies i.e last year when my ac comp pulley took a **** i had to buy a whole new compressor, same deal with an upper bj it seems you have to buy the whole arm, and i didnt upgrade post lift and could never get caster where it needed to be for the alignment this new part fixes that... Or so they say...

And then look what i find on craigslist :0 an ultra ultra hyper rare trd supercharger complete.... I emailed right away..

http://belfast.craigslist.co.uk/ptd/4701367723.html

Deciding not to get a set of locked regeared diffs. You dont reallyyyyy need them do you?

Yes I know...want vs. need, but the want side "strong it is" (Yoda, not to be confused with Yota ;) )

Just a very enticing offer at a poor time as 3.69 gearing (w/ rear-locker) is in the plans in the next 2 years. For the cost, the ARB locker is an added bonus at this time.

Also, the diff's have less than 24k kms on them. I've followed the seller's build thread and they are from a 2013.

Devin what is the price without shipping? You realize there is a board member that drives a truck all over Canada & the US that may be able to make a deal with you on shipping...

Heheheh ...pot stirring for your "want" team ;) !

If I could drive to his door, $2K in cash is likely; he's asking $2.5k which is still a smoking deal.

There's something very counter-intuitive about putting a hole in a perfectly good roof.......
I decided to de-ghetto the wiring going to my roof antenna and lights by running the wires through the roof instead of through the door jams, which was causing the wire insulation to breakdown.
The zone I drilled is underneath the NISSAN wind deflector stays super dry even after a full day of rain and wind. I've put a big blob of silicone over it as well just in case ;-)
Lights and bracket photos to come later......
IMG_20141126_172217.jpg

There's something very counter-intuitive about putting a hole in a perfectly good roof.......

I decided to de-ghetto the wiring going to my roof antenna and lights by running the wires through the roof instead of through the door jams, which was causing the wire insulation to breakdown.
The zone I drilled is underneath the NISSAN wind deflector stays super dry even after a full day of rain and wind. I've put a big blob of silicone over it as well just in case ;-)
Lights and bracket photos to come later......

lol, I know the feeling. This is what I used (along with a lot of silicone as well)

263564-ProductImageURL.jpg

Archived