• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drive safe Sam!

Today I drove over to Dartmouth Dodge (the roads in Dartmouth were absolutely horrid!) and picked up my required power steering line for the Overland and come home and removed the airbox and installed it. After reinstalling the airbox, and topping off the PS fluid, she's no longer spewing it out, and nice and quiet again B) ! Tomorrow it's getting a new ball joint and bushings in the rear upper A-arm to get rid of the clunking sound there :) ! I will get a chance to use my new ball joint press for the bushings!

Thanks James! Did you say rear a arm? Its got independant rear suspension ?!?

No, instead of 2 upper control arms and a track bar (like on the ZJ Grand Cherokees & the TJs) it has a one piece arm that connects to the two unibody frame rails and to the axle via a ball joint over the pumpkin.

I cant even picture that in my head

The top one is an adjustable one from Iron Rock Offroad and the bottom one is the stock one that I have. I guess more of a V than an A...

post-480-0-41352700-1423112577_thumb.jpg

The two bushing ends attach to the frame and the ball joint to the axle. It is basically a one piece version of a triangulated setup of arms. Like this, but one piece...

post-480-0-55119800-1423113004_thumb.jpg

Ordered parts today. Warn VR8000, Rough Country stubby winch bumper /w foglight cutouts, 50in curved Cree LED light bar+ mounting brackets & wire harness, 4x skyjacker shocks and got a set of 4dr rubi springs lined up.

With a bit of luck everything will be in by end of next week and I can maybe get started installing it.

Archived