• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Your "Other" rides

TomWood

Sounds like you spend your time and money on it, and not in the woods anymore! Dig, dig.

I have been... I need to get the Miata finished up and out of the garage and then I can start fixing up the H2. The transmission in the H2 is keeping me out of the woods until it is fixed. I miss trails though.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been... I need to get the Miata finished up and out of the garage and then I can start fixing up the H2. The transmission in the H2 is keeping me out of the woods until it is fixed. I miss trails though.

After it's fixed he'll be back to the lack of skid plates *cough* excuse *cough* ...er... reason for not being in the woods...

dig...dig... ;) !

What about the Danger Ranger Matt? Post some pics of that 'other' ride!

1996 Orange Power Ranger...3 inch lift, 31's..Short box single cab, Locked hubs, 5 speed ...My first wheeler. Still got her around

post-1090-0-54553700-1432779723_thumb.jp

post-1090-0-16264500-1432779745_thumb.jp

Sweet. My first truck was billy, a '93 blue power ranger. It was a regular cab "splash" (step side) so it basically had no space in the cab or the bed. Ha

Sweet. My first truck was billy, a '93 blue power ranger. It was a regular cab "splash" (step side) so it basically had no space in the cab or the bed. Ha

Yep...that's the reason I got a 4Runner...this was my Backcountry camping truck and fly fishing truck..took me everywhere..but a dog and a passenger in the cab and your absolutely stuffed barely elbow room ...but I'd totally try the "culvert" with it...no "f's" given..

Yep...that's the reason I got a 4Runner...this was my Backcountry camping truck and fly fishing truck..took me everywhere..but a dog and a passenger in the cab and your absolutely stuffed barely elbow room ...but I'd totally try the "culvert" with it...no "f's" given..

Try a family of 4, plus the dog in a TJ for a whole day wheeling :P !

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked er up this morning. THird bike.. First sport bike. Gonna be a learning curve this summer :)

If it's your third bike you should be fine. Only thing I found weird was the riding position, the speed difference was easy to deal with.

Now when I ride cruisers I cant find the pegs until I look down and realize they are a foot further ahead haha

Ill get in the mix. A few of my other rides....

Specialized Hardrock. Mainly for use on the BLT trail with my son.

5449.jpg

My freeride/downhill bike, Specialized SX Trail, which rarely gets used these days, but don't want to part with.

p5pb9373144.jpg

Where do you for free ride / downhill around here? I used to have a norco shore, a norco team dh world cup with lots of titanium and carbon fiber parts but sold them when I moved here. I still have a devinci kicker built for dirt jumping.

Where do you for free ride / downhill around here? I used to have a norco shore, a norco team dh world cup with lots of titanium and carbon fiber parts but sold them when I moved here. I still have a devinci kicker built for dirt jumping.

We spent a number of years rebuilding an old freeride trail near kearney lake. It is likely a little overgrown now (after a few years of no maintenance) but still a blast no doubt.

The kentville area has some nice trails.

We used to go to Sugarloaf, in Campbelton NB a handful of times each summer to ride the bike park there. It's a great time, (both biking and camping) and it's nice to have a chairlift take you back to the top.

• 1 month later...

Archived