• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Your "Other" rides

TomWood

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right on! what do you have planned for it?

Since there's two months left on the safety I might park the truck and strip it and go over the frame and drive the 300 as is for a bit/

Over the winter I'm going to fix the rockers, and other assorted rust spots. Then a manual tranny is going into it!

After that, we'll see!

My m3 had an inline 6 with a lot of bolt ons and it sounded crazy. 2jz for the win

Not the great 2jz tho... just a GE not a GTE that came in the turbo Supras.

Need to swap that out for a GTE with a couple big snails.

Not the great 2jz tho... just a GE not a GTE that came in the turbo Supras.

Need to swap that out for a GTE with a couple big snails.

It'll get a GTE someday though! got some things to focus on first though

There is usually a bunch around Montreal on the jdm stores. A vvti gtte 6 speed is close to 9000$... A 2jzgte automatic is less than 2000$ but you'll have to get a separate tranny and they usually won't come with the Bell housing. So around 3-3500$ is a good price in total

There is usually a bunch around Montreal on the jdm stores. A vvti gtte 6 speed is close to 9000$... A 2jzgte automatic is less than 2000$ but you'll have to get a separate tranny and they usually won't come with the Bell housing. So around 3-3500$ is a good price in total

The Getreg transmissions are ridiculously expensive! That's why I plan on going with the 1jz/7m R154 for a transmission! 6 gears is cool and all but not 5 grand for a transmission cool.

Archived