• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

CLUB RUN: Joshua Slocum 2012-11-18

Guest autumnwalker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Large and big Scott = my jeep will easily go past the lake, there would only be one mud hole to pose a problem and then a 3 ft deep swamp hole about 60 feet or so long further in.. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to exit that trail because of the big river and skinny bridge back there

Large and big Scott = my jeep will easily go past the lake, there would only be one mud hole to pose a problem and then a 3 ft deep swamp hole about 60 feet or so long further in.. Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to exit that trail because of the big river and skinny bridge back there

Sounds like fun for another day.

Sounds like fun for another day.

Yeah, if they don't gate the road, I will take the time some weekend to walk from my camp to the bridge, it's about 5 km but there may be other obstacles in place ie small bridges etc in the mud holes that I don't know about.

Nobody owns any land except I believe a portion further out the road on the glen margret end, all land belongs to either HRM (I think) and Crown land. Very few lease owners back there on crown, the lake is practically split in half by crown and municiple land so everyone is on the municiple side and the gates I am referring to would be open gates but merely wide enough to get ATV's through NOT trucks. Some bs about it being a wilderness area and somehow trucks are more damaging to the road bed. Thankfully though they haven't eliminated all motor vehicle access like they had originally intended.

This is all hearsay of course I don't know 100% what plans they had but I believe what I'm saying is in the ballpark.

Nobody owns any land except I believe a portion further out the road on the glen margret end, all land belongs to either HRM (I think) and Crown land. Very few lease owners back there on crown, the lake is practically split in half by crown and municiple land so everyone is on the municiple side and the gates I am referring to would be open gates but merely wide enough to get ATV's through NOT trucks. Some bs about it being a wilderness area and somehow trucks are more damaging to the road bed. Thankfully though they haven't eliminated all motor vehicle access like they had originally intended.

This is all hearsay of course I don't know 100% what plans they had but I believe what I'm saying is in the ballpark.

Where it is fire roads for the event of Forrest fires ext I'd be surprised if they put a gate anywheres back there. But never know

Im attempting to find out what is actually going to be done with regards to heavier vehicles using the roads.. they are now replacing culverts etc becuase the old wooden and steel ones are rotting away.. they may have a weight restriction that shouldnt be pa**ed.. i really dont know but i have heard talk of gates, which yes, would be stupid, particularly more so with the possibilities of fires... The trail is seperated into different sections belonging to different designations, DNR,Private, NSE which i think means the Environment.. so which sections may or may not be accessible are unknown right now to me.

The area has already been designated.

A few links to the NSE website for mor info, notice the trails on the map that will be under a trail management agreement......

http://www.gov.ns.ca/nse/protectedareas/wa_fivebridgelakes.asp

http://www.gov.ns.ca/nse/protectedareas/docs/wa_fivebridgelakes.designation.handout.pdf

Do you have a link to a map for the motorized trails?

Archived