• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

CLUB RUN: Joshua Slocum 2012-11-18

Guest autumnwalker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i have never been on any club events, and have been living away for a while but i fly home on the 11, and if i get get my Xterra out im down. i went down this road once by myself, as it is close to my house. its a great little trail i never followed it all they way as i turned and came back. also i found a cabin back there that is open to anyone and had a fire pit. it looked like a 4 wheeler trail too it but i drove up it, but was hard to get turned around.

pics of said cabin

3CFCDDCF-1737-4CF6-8CC1-CB9719B1EF75-321-0000002CB3CE1A5E.jpg

1123C329-5DD3-4161-B91A-275CD970DC63-321-0000002CBE1AC039.jpg

and a pic of my X (also this one time back here was the only "offroading" i have ever done lol

B3A5B561-4904-4249-BD63-28169BC93D29-321-0000002CC6F44D36.jpg

well i have never been on any club events, and have been living away for a while but i fly home on the 11, and if i get get my Xterra out im down. i went down this road once by myself, as it is close to my house. its a great little trail i never followed it all they way as i turned and came back. also i found a cabin back there that is open to anyone and had a fire pit. it looked like a 4 wheeler trail too it but i drove up it, but was hard to get turned around.

and a pic of my X (also this one time back here was the only "offroading" i have ever done lol

Right on man, Hope to see you out. Truxterra will be pleased to see another X out as well, since Xman has been away :)

This trail will be a good chance for less experienced offroad drivers to learn what your rig can do, so I encourage you folks to come and join us for a day in the woods.

If any of you are worried about bringing kids, be advised you may not want to bring them, as they'll will no doubt have TOO MUCH FUN!! ...Thus requiring you to venture off the pavement more often, modifying your rig to go even farther off the pavement, and causing you to later spend their entire education fund to repair, upgrade and build your truck to go ANYWHERE! :smiley-laughing021:

:smiley-laughing021: well said James!

+1 to everything he said though, this will be a great trail for those of us who are less experienced and timid about taking our rigs off the pavement. Kids are always welcome in this club and 99.9% have a blast... so be prepared for "when are we going wheelin' again?!".

Pinion and rear end bearings, bought a bearing kit from CVO now im installing it. Have never taken a rear gear assembly apart but have full documentation, would just be nice to have someone around thats a little knowledgable so I dont screw up too bad. :)

I am unavailable sunday if it runs late, how long of a job do you think it will be? And I do have all bearings, and gear oil. Will pick up some coors. Tomorrow I have access to a lift and all kinds of tools at the auto club, thats where it was gonna come in handy.

OK, I might be out on this one, but as a result of being a benefit for all. As you've all seen in the other threads, I've been exploring the local trails to host a run here in the new year. I might be passing on this trip to Halifax in order to run the local trails again. We have another 4-5 trails to try and all of them are the same as the ones I posted in the pic section. Upon completion of these, I'll have a full day dedicated to trail running without running the same one twice and in an area covering less than 20 square kms! There is so much here it is ridiculous! And this is only the tip of the iceberg, there are hundreds of trails to run that have not been exlored as of yet, and that is not including the 30 or so that are known.

OK, I might be out on this one, but as a result of being a benefit for all. As you've all seen in the other threads, I've been exploring the local trails to host a run here in the new year. I might be passing on this trip to Halifax in order to run the local trails again. We have another 4-5 trails to try and all of them are the same as the ones I posted in the pic section. Upon completion of these, I'll have a full day dedicated to trail running without running the same one twice and in an area covering less than 20 square kms! There is so much here it is ridiculous! And this is only the tip of the iceberg, there are hundreds of trails to run that have not been exlored as of yet, and that is not including the 30 or so that are known.

It would be awesome if you had a way to log the trails as you are running them... then we could have them mapped for future reference!

Working on it. One of the guys I ran with was mapping them and had old trail data from the local clubs, even better, I'm trying to get a hand on the current ATV & Snowmobile club data! These are the trails we are running, they are marked at the entracnce & exit of each. btw, I won't post the data cause I'd be feeling like I've been used...i.e. post info and then not be invited...lol

Archived