• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

CLUB RUN: Joshua Slocum 2012-11-18

Guest autumnwalker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the trail, was a good run. I being on it for the first time, dont see any reason why it cannot be open to all parties being ATV or Full 4x4 truck/SUV. I know going through there we all took our time, and the trail after we were done looked and was THE SAME as before we even went on it. The other thing I noticed is that NO WHERE entering or exiting the trail was there any indication that the government was NOT allowing any vehicle access to that road.

Got a 79 ford, 1/2ton 4x4, 33's on it, 351M with a C6 auto tranny, got a weekend warrior locker in the rear lol

Got an atv also and was told I would need to join a club in order to ride the trails I've always ridden to get to my camp if the trail we even be allowed to keep open.

These so called "12 percent lands" are going to shut down alot of areas.

Has anyone on here been to any of their so called "public meetings/consultations", if not, I would encourage you to look at the NSE website and voice your concern

Got a 79 ford, 1/2ton 4x4, 33's on it, 351M with a C6 auto tranny, got a weekend warrior locker in the rear lol

Got an atv also and was told I would need to join a club in order to ride the trails I've always ridden to get to my camp if the trail we even be allowed to keep open.

These so called "12 percent lands" are going to shut down alot of areas.

Has anyone on here been to any of their so called "public meetings/consultations", if not, I would encourage you to look at the NSE website and voice your concern

Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of any of these public meetings. Government for you, their idea of a public meeting announcement is a quiet listing on a website page. Usually done this way, so they can past groups like ours/NSJC/ATV clubs etc. without resistance, until there changes get through so then we get to deal with it. Thats how they almost pulled of their proposals for lifted/modified vehicles - tried to do it quietly, but we all new to be watching for it.

Grizzly, do you wheel your old Ford? You should bring it out with us sometime.

Thanks for invite guys but unfortunatly I keep the old ford just for local use at my camp, the goverment wouldn't consider it road worthy any more lol

Just think everyone should be aware of the issues facing all off road enthusiasts.

Glad I found this site, some very reasonable conversations happening here, was on another one that was suppose to be about all off road vehicles but all that I can see happening on there is a bunch of b****ing about the provinvial atv group.....

I travel a far bit and often see someone with a lifted rig, being the nosey one I am, gotta ask what they got done to their rig, where they run etc...maybe I can convince one of my buddies to come on a run sometime with their rig :)

Archived