• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Club Run: 20th June - Bump & Grind

SQRLPWR

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone that is going on this run have a SWR tuner? I bought an antenna for my CB, however i have not installed it since i have no way of tuning it. Would be great to be able to communicate on the trails.

With an antenna hooked up to your CB the risk is very low. With some trail tuning you will be ok. SWR meters are great if you need max distance but on a run we are always close together so really no need.

most CB's you can get a decent tuning without needing a meter.

Just my thoughts!

With an antenna hooked up to your CB the risk is very low. With some trail tuning you will be ok. SWR meters are great if you need max distance but on a run we are always close together so really no need.

most CB's you can get a decent tuning without needing a meter.

Just my thoughts!

Ahh, i did not know that. Will give it a try Saturday i guess.

Very excited for many reasons. First run with the club, first run with the 39.5 irocks on the ford, first run with the new axles. Awesome. Truck is running great, few minor little things to button up and all good to go. Installing the cb tomorrow.

Was a good pre run. We will need a chainsaw to get past the rock garden. Fallen tree in the path that we couldn't get around. Love bump and grind becuase there is something for every type of wheeler! Looking forward to Saturday!

Hello there girls/guys I'm interested in the bump and grind run on Saturday but have a couple questions if someone doesn't mind answering them. Just a little info on me I've been wheeling for about 5 years now everything from trucks to jeeps so i'm a little knowledgeable about wheeling and always turn my own wrenches and usually friends wrenches too, lol. I've just recently sold my 97 zj which was pretty decently built, (33's, lockers, 8 n quarter rear end, 411's, custom transfer case, etc.. wasn't the best but worked pretty good for a DD). Now that i have my 2013 JKU and family commitments I don't get out wheeling as often, so my question is about the trail, I don't mind putting the new rig through some technical runs but where it's new i'm trying to keep her like that for as long as possible, this also pleases the MRS. so i don't mind bumps and scraps underneath (got a few already from the pasture trail last year with P.O.R.N which I'm a member) but i'm not looking for the narrow tree'd in trails that have branches running all down the sides. Not that i'm against that, its a blast but not in this rig.

Oh one more thing i do not run with a spare, i don't even have one never will. But i did have the misfortune of getting a flat in the trail once, that was a very remote area and i got lucky that someone came along with some plugs and compressor, since then it's standard equipment on my rig so i'm prepared for possible flats. That's the only "requirement" i do not meet for wheeling.

So if you'll have me and the trail is decently open (not all brushed in) then i will look forward to seeing and meeting some fellow wheeler's this weekend.

Cheers

Dave

Oh one more thing i do not run with a spare, i don't even have one never will. But i did have the misfortune of getting a flat in the trail once, that was a very remote area and i got lucky that someone came along with some plugs and compressor, since then it's standard equipment on my rig so i'm prepared for possible flats. That's the only "requirement" i do not meet for wheeling.

I know in the past rigs have beeb turned away for that but im sure a club exec will chime in.

https://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/equipment-guidelines/

Sam

I'm not a member here but not carrying a spare doesn't sound like a smart thing. If you don't want to carry it for the run , you are welcome to bring a small ratchet strap and we will secure it in my truck

We do like to have a spare tire, however it does sound like you have some gear to get through a normal puncture. The real question is if you tear a sidewall and need to get out of the trail. This run is quite technical and the beginning section is through a tight wooded trail. You will be scratched a bit by tree's in this section and its run twice, going in and coming out.

If you have a spare and can throw it in Powerram's truck that would be great, also I believe we have a couple of guys running the same tire size that can loan a spare if needed.

I do appreciate the offer that very nice, however i do not even own a spare, other than one time in the last 10 years ish i've never had an issue with tires. I know things can and do happen but i just don't wheel hard enough with this rig to pop a bead or slice a sidewall, and i'm prepared for a nail or oddly shaped stick to puncture. I also have never been on this trail so perhaps its outside of my rigs area of comfort i won't really know till i get there and see for myself, unless it is a hard core trail.

Well the only way i'll know is to come check it out, maybe run at the back and if it gets too thick i'll chicken out,lol. I don't mind leaves and light branches like spruce bows and stuff, just want to avoid everlasting branch scratches. I know it sounds like i'm being picky and I suppose i am, I just need to build another off road rig,lol. Thanks for the info, do i have to confirm that i'm going or just show up by 9am?

That ram is a beast, love it! I use to run into the same problems with my chev, couldn't fit low overhead trail,lol.

why thank you :D and yeah that's why i have to carry the chain saw, never know when the trail is going to get to small! (and no the truck isn't too big!)

That's why I don't put lights on my roof anymore. Now there are in the grille

yeah mine are in the bumper and any more i get are going in the grille aswell.

Archived