• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

June Club Run - Rocky Myra

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i ran it with my stock fj. the only sketchy part is the water crossing where the bridge is. the rest is easy.

i m not sure where that hill is, i would have to see what route you were using but i dont think i went over that. i went up a couple really steep hills but i didnt have any difficulties like that.

i ran it with my stock fj. the only sketchy part is the water crossing where the bridge is. the rest is easy.

i m not sure where that hill is, i would have to see what route you were using but i dont think i went over that. i went up a couple really steep hills but i didnt have any difficulties like that.

Right at the exit of the trail

last time i ran it, we couldve made it about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, but my buddy wanted to see what his ford escape could do lol.

he got stuck at that water crossing and it took us over an hour to get him unstuck. he damaged his truck as well, so it took us over 4.5 hours

Due to Bump & Grind being inaccessible we will instead run the Rocky Myra for our June club run.

When: Saturday June 14th

Meet: Tim Horton's, Porter's Lake - 5215 Nova Scotia Trunk 7, Porters Lake, NS B3E 1J7

Time: 10:00 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5215+Nova+Scotia+Trunk+7/@44.7447055,-63.2830416,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4b5a3110d57c692d:0x148f51ca49bd35a2

I ran 1/2 of it from the airport end 1.5 years ago to pick up some young Jeep folks that took their truck bungee jumping off of a bridge......................

The last time AJ and I ran it with the orange Power Wagon and the Sub was not too long after Juan and we had to stand on the front bumpers and cut the overhead trees! I'm over due to run it again. Maybe it will be part of M.U.D....

I first ran it back about 1996 with my XJ and was breaking ice with the front bumper at Grassy Lake in December............

Just to note the change, the meeting point for this run is now the Porter's Lake Tim Horton @10am, as stated in the updated first post to this thread and the Calender (Thanks, Scott B) ).

Are you going to record a GPS track of this run l, Scott? If you do, can you email me the .kml or .gpx file?

jbacon, i only had to put it in 4wd in a couple spots, its really not bad and the trail is wide too. i kinda regret going camping this weekend now... but hey, someone has to clear a part of his land in order to build a cabin i guess.

have a good run guys.

Come on out Rob, you need to get as many runs in as you can before you move!! poke2.gif

I'm in!

Geez! That was easy :P !

Remember to take tons of pictures and videos! Someone is still stuck in Alberta :( lol

Yeah! Don't forget pics! I will be getting pics from our Jam prerun to share as well :) ! I am sure there will be plenty good ones, with Derek going. He takes pics like Brandi & Julie ...LOTS and GOOD ones with really nice camera gear B) !

Archived