• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

June Club Run - Rocky Myra

post-539-0-52412300-1400844014_thumb.jpg

This is the picture I snapped of the entrance. The trail was one way in and same way out. There were discussions of alternate entrances, however I agree with Clarence's statement. It was only a matter of time before they did something, and 30+ jeeps always accelerates it.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Wheres the run gonna be!

Working on it...

Well, it is June 2nd... Supposedly the date they are to be done the construction there at the B & G entrance. I won't get my hopes up yet, but can someone swing by in the next couple days and check it out? My guess is that we have lost all access and the boulders or some other form of blockade is still there, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Working on it...

Well, it is June 2nd... Supposedly the date they are to be done the construction there at the B & G entrance. I won't get my hopes up yet, but can someone swing by in the next couple days and check it out? My guess is that we have lost all access and the boulders or some other form of blockade is still there, but it would be nice to know for sure.

James - run is scheduled for the 14th; isn't it?

I can swing by later tonight and take a look, its not very far for me to go.

Thanks Tom B) . I wouldn't be surprised if they are not done yet either...

:0 they closed the entrance?!?!? There has got to be another way in!?

The whole walking/cycling trail and part of the "multi-use"(ATVs too) trail were closed for water line construction from Bayer's Lake to the lake near the trailhead :(. At the trailhead, they made a nice walking/biking access to the main trail :( .

Just looking at Google earth and, if someone was determined enough and maybe someone took some initiative to pre-run it seems as if you could start in ellershouse and make it all the way through the bowater Mersey and exit in tantallon! Wish I could be there, gonna be a couple more months yet before I drive home. Oh well, enjoying all the pics you guys put on here!

Just looking at Google earth and, if someone was determined enough and maybe someone took some initiative to pre-run it seems as if you could start in ellershouse and make it all the way through the bowater Mersey and exit in tantallon! Wish I could be there, gonna be a couple more months yet before I drive home. Oh well, enjoying all the pics you guys put on here!

We already know Bowater to Ellershouse is doable.

So I took another look last night, and did some walking around trying to see if another entrance was instantly visible in that area. There is not one that looks good. As well I was talking to one of the sign guys where they are doing the work. There is 1.5 million dollars of landscaping that is part of this project, that leads me to believe that we wont be able to get into Bump and Grind at the previous location. I have pictures and those will be sent to Scott and James as they are more revealing on the location of the entrance.

I think we will either have to find a new trail, or possibly find a new entrance coming from an entire different path.

Are we still going to try to do a run this weekend, or wait and do it next weekend? I just need to let my wife know so she can make plans. I don't want to have an angry wife on fathers day!! :D

The club run is scheduled for June 14. If not at BnG then we will run elsewhere.

But the ticks may carry you off ;) ...

I won't do Ellershouse this time of year after the last time we went. After my truck troubles, thanks James for the help, my bro and I walked in over the hill and we had DOZENS of ticks on us. I stripped to my skivvies on the side of the road after and shook everything out, and the next day I still found ticks in my clothes!

Archived