• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Myra Video from April 6th

Daren Cook

I thought the video was going to be tame until big red got rolling.

Cape Breton is so nice, I love it there. Might be where I retire to, no place like it. Ever since my family moved from there when I was a kid I always like to go back and explore.

I thought the video was going to be tame until big red got rolling.

Cape Breton is so nice, I love it there. Might be where I retire to, no place like it. Ever since my family moved from there when I was a kid I always like to go back and explore.

That is not the area they were. This trail in the video is around here ;)

I was in 4L from start to finish on that trail. Turns out I like it more. And I'm going to start airing down when we do runs with people with inboard air. Hopefully it'll need it more, 6" lift in a few weeks, locker mid-summer.. I'll be able to play :)

? Why not P rated tires?

P rated tires have a thin/weak side wall and they are not intended to be aired down.

Me too, I like the softer ride on the trail, seeing how its not paved like at the Mall :P

Plus, with open diffs, I like the extra traction ;)

Waiting on my new LT's to be able to use my deflators! And then on to my next mod, something that can inflate them quicker than my current compressor (btw, field tested to be 5 minutes plus per tire from 15 PSI to 38 baby...lol).

Me too, I like the softer ride on the trail, seeing how its not paved like at the Mall :P

Plus, with open diffs, I like the extra traction ;)

Agreed! I sort of look at airing down when going offroad like putting on footwear when going outside. You may run out in your sock feet just to quickly grab something from the vehicle but you most wouldn't likely go barefoot out in the woods for a few hours.

Also short wheelbase, leaf springs and crappy piece of foam for a seat..... I need all the extra cushioning I can get!

P rated tires have a thin/weak side wall and they are not intended to be aired down.

Waiting on my new LT's to be able to use my deflators! And then on to my next mod, something that can inflate them quicker than my current compressor (btw, field tested to be 5 minutes plus per tire from 15 PSI to 38 baby...lol).

I certainly don't have overly large tires (235/85R16) but I carry an 11gal air pig charged to 120PSI. It's enough to get all 4 from 10PSI up to 25PSI. Works well so far!

Archived