• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

**JUNE CLUB RUN** "Sweetland Trail"

Guest backwoodsxj

Gonna run Sweetland on June 15th if any of you BackCountry guys/gals want to make trek down?It takes the better part of day to do this trail at both sections and is plenty wet right now.This is the "good mud" the black and stinky stuff that dries and falls off and not hard on seals/bearings and the like.It's rocky the first half which takes some spotting and "you will "hit the under carraige.The second half takes some skinny pedal and a decent driver to make it up "RockerKnocker" and "WinchHill" under your own power.They have both seen a cable on a rig most times,its all luck!Will post up meeting time likely 10-ish Exit 11 BlockHouse in Lunenburg County but will see what interest I get from your club.Not sure of the count on my end either as I just posted on M.O.R site tonight.Its a bring your own food/drink run.You will love this trail its fun.If we get done early which we won't likley we can run "LongSwamp" too to finish up?

Oh requirements 33" minimum and locked one end is nice.Do-able with 31"s if you don't mind the dents but you will get tugged and bodydamage likley! :welcome2: .

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS OUR OFFICIAL CLUB RUN FOR JUNE, FOLKS!! GET YOUR JUNK IN ORDER, THIS IS A VERY FUN TRAIL :).

I WILL POST PICS & VIDEO OF OUR PREVIOUS OUTINGS HERE FOR YOU TO DECIDE IF YOU & YOUR RIG WANT TO TRY IT.

There should be seats available for those who want to tag along and not take their rig.

Was there a plan to make it to sleepy hallow? Either way I'm in

You'll love Sweetland trust me! :D Was told "SleepyHollow" sides have caved in a bit and is not as much of a gully?Will have to see for myself and will take a boo maybe this weekend just for a look.Can't see it as its gotten deaper over the years so can't see it filling in but **** happens? If its not changed we can do after if time allows.........

Here are some videos of Sweetland...

From our first trip down there, April 30 2011...

Pics from that day found here...http://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/topic/2267-backcountry-comes-to-blockhouse/?hl=sweetland

From Aug 2011...

Rocker Knocker, one of the major obstacles...

Winch Hill (from the view of my dash)...This is just after Rocker Knocker. It will probably be more like the first video above than this one...

There is a bypass to Rocker Knocker, but it has proven to be just as difficult, or more so :huh: , because of the mud.

Some additional pics here...http://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/topic/2393-sweetland-aug-27th/?hl=sweetland

I will post some of the other videos around from here, like the Knarly Knoll, after I find them

:smiley-transport027:

Would love to try and bring the liberty through there, open diffs but 32's and it would be great to test the sliders lol, but alas it cannot be.

I had the H3 on 35 M/T's with lots of tread through Sweetland without issues. Had to turn around just before winch hill to help bring out a disabled (or nearly disabled) JK. The H3 was open differentials, but had software in the PCM which would control the ABS to simulate break-throttle modulation (BTM).

The biggest issue I had was ground clearance and managed to put my differential cross member into my back seat.

The biggest issue I had was ground clearance and managed to put my differential cross member into my back seat.

Ouch. How much ground clearance did you have in the H3?

I'll be out for this run, have a family gathering. Even without that already planned, I'd still be out until I get my sliders done...soon, very soon...

so a full size can make it through! i will be going then ! if my truck is ready..

I had the H3 on 35 M/T's with lots of tread through Sweetland without issues. Had to turn around just before winch hill to help bring out a disabled (or nearly disabled) JK. The H3 was open differentials, but had software in the PCM which would control the ABS to simulate break-throttle modulation (BTM).

so a full size can make it through! i will be going then ! if my truck is ready..

No, H3 != full size; however, a Bronco was brought through there that day as well so you should make it... the size of your truck will be the least of your worries though. Do you have full skid protection underneath and good tow points all around?

I do have skid plates they came stock on the truck. tow hooks on the front and a 2" hitch in the rear. if the truck is ready it will be lifted 6" and on 35's. i also have a come along :P just in case!

No, H3 != full size; however, a Bronco was brought through there that day as well so you should make it... the size of your truck will be the least of your worries though. Do you have full skid protection underneath and good tow points all around?

Some pics from last year.Did'nt get many too busy being front runner and doing recovery! Stock skids will get you through here its the first half where the skid will get used.The second half will be where tires and driver finesse will keep you off a hook!

post-489-0-66561000-1369873421_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-54646600-1369873433_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-36652800-1369873443_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-43012300-1369873453_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-95884800-1369873470_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-60373800-1369873479_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-53842100-1369873490_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-13904400-1369873511_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-23288200-1369873519_thumb.jpg

I do have skid plates they came stock on the truck. tow hooks on the front and a 2" hitch in the rear. if the truck is ready it will be lifted 6" and on 35's. i also have a come along :P just in case!

If you are lifted, and on 35s You should be ok. If not, Your wheelbase will hang you up everywhere and you would do damage on this one. I wouldn't chance it.

By that time I should have the death wobble cured (tie rod bearing I think) highway driving is scary atm. Also another steering stabilizer with a relocation kit. Second stabilizer in a month ;) I gotta get some 35's asap. I'm way to cheap tho :P

I will be riding with Scott and Brandi if they will let me again :D

Fix your truck and wheel it til it's sold ;). You state in your ad it 's been offroaded.

time to buy a jug of DEET !

Yup, Ticks are out in full force. Mainly along the power line and the bottom of Winch Hill.

Archived