• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

**JUNE CLUB RUN** "Sweetland Trail"

Guest backwoodsxj

Philip Creaser got it for Jam.Sold his 05 Rubi last year and wanted a 5 speed XJ.I found out Alex was selling so they made the deal.He kept his 35's ,Phillip has 32"s swappers going on .Also wanted inside cage removed and roof tire rack removed........ Alex is buiding a older full size chev to keep up with JeepFreek!

At least they are not still going to wheel :)!

Tom just might cry now, well built, caged, 2dr manual XJ, and he never had a chance at it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, tears are occurring at this moment.

Yeah good friend of mine.Never even advertised for sale really.I found out last monday and it was gone thusday.It was 4 litre 5 speed.Welded rear and locked front,full caged inside and done right,long arm upgrade kit,winch and tubular rockers welded in.Not winter driven since bought six years ago and solid.Would have been a gem for sure!

So its a week away! Would like to meet the BC guys at exit 11 at 10am at the "Happy Cooker Irving" at end of ramp can't miss it.Sweetland is 5 mins from here so easy to get to.Some will be at Sweetland road waiting as well the ones that have been there before.Cheers for now should be a hoot in there with this rain bring lots of gear!

So its a week away! Would like to meet the BC guys at exit 11 at 10am at the "Happy Cooker Irving" at end of ramp can't miss it.Sweetland is 5 mins from here so easy to get to.Some will be at Sweetland road waiting as well the ones that have been there before.Cheers for now should be a hoot in there with this rain bring lots of gear!

Sounds good, Darren B)!!

My winch go a bit of a workout last weekend in the valley, so I know it still works :P lol!

We are planning to meet at the Tantallon Tim Hortons for 8:45 and leave by 9:00 to convoy down to meet up with you guys at exit 11.

Linda in the LJ and me in the XJ decided to go down to Sweetland and just run the powerline as I thought the grass would be super long from no use.So we headed down to flatten it some and I was surprised that its not bad at all the alders are growing of coarse but the grass not bad.Tics are real bad though on powerline got a few on us just stepping out for a minute.Open diff rigs will have to pick there way through with a few spots giving them trouble but no mud here!Disregard date on camera its off again!It was today!

post-489-0-16599900-1370805926_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-82924400-1370806095_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-10969000-1370806375_thumb.jpg

This is going into the second half of trail we were'nt gonna go in here today but has to take a look at whats to come next week.Sure is wet in here which is cool.

post-489-0-06920700-1370806510_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-33026100-1370806638_thumb.jpg

post-489-0-50011700-1370806768_thumb.jpg

Thats all we got.Bumped into Skippy and Cris V. both in there with there better half's on ATV's and had a yarn with them both plan to come next week with Yota and new XJ........ Cheers for now.....

Planning on towing the rover down... Shouldn't be a problem to leave it at the happy cooker for the day, eh?

Yeah trailhead on only 5 mins from hwy and everyone with tralered rigs last time brought to sweetland rd and parked.......

Rover is street legal and all, I just flat tow it behind my pickup... Long drive from Dartmouth in a 40 year old Land Rover!

Just a reminder, we are meeting at the Tantallon Tim Hortons for 0830h-0845h Saturday morning. Planning to leave there at 9:00 to meet up with the M.O.R. crew for around 1000h.

Remember to bring trail snacks/lunch etc. ...and BUG SPRAY (higher % DEET, the better ;)!!)

For those that are going, see you there! B)

So, who is in? Just like to get an idea of numbers, so if we have people interested in coming as a passenger, we can fill some seats, if there is any :).

Looking like I will have atleast one spare seat. another 1 or 2 spots (depending on how big you are...) if you don't mind sitting in the small side facing bench seat in the back.... no seat belts and litttle padding.... I wouldn't sit there but people have and it's available!

Weather is suppose to be A1 so thats great.The flies did'nt seem to be bad at all last sunday they may be on there way out?Had alot of guys on my end bail at last minute kinda disappointed but some are new projects not done or others have commitments.Skippy,Chris V,JeepFreak,90Bronco not making it.Still have some maybe's P Creaser in 98XJ,Joey in 98XJ and Billy in 2000XJ.If they don't make it it will be Linda and I only but were excited to see you guys down here and you will love the trail..... Cheers! Darren....

Archived