• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Can't open website on iPhone

sar4x4

Starting yesterday I can't open 'backcountry4x4club.ca' on my iPhone 5 S (I think, lol).  I've used this phone and the bc app and Safari for over two years.

It says 'Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred.'

Any ideas?  I haven't typed that statement into Google yet...........

OK, I made it on here haha, and I'm in the dinosaur age with tech. I cleared everything multiple times to no avail, finally made it to home page, then click forum and same thing won't go . so cleared again, googled " back country 4x4 fourm" and voila... I'm here

Somehow I disagree the issue lies solely at the browser end.  I've never had such an issue with any other sites on any other computers that I can ever ever remember.  From what you are saying I think it was initially caused by this forum website, but the only way to fix it is clearing browsers at the computer end?

Or, it happened after I updated the iOS on my phone?

Doesn't really matter though!  I might remember how to fix it when it happens again, or I try to remember to just check 'Mr. G' (Google).

Just trying to make us all smarter, one mistake at a time......... lol

I fail to see how this is related to the upgrade when we were fine for months. Again any issues send our forum admin a PM and let him know. Public complaining only looks bad. Yes there seem to be some issues with some people, contact the right person to get it fixed. 

Nope, I can connect at work through Chrome (through proxy) but not at home, started about 3 days ago. The error in chrome is too many redirects, cleared cache, deleted %temp% contents and still nothing.

I have to use IE8 (dont ask :) ) and I had to enable TLS1.1 TLS1.2 and uncheck SSL2.0 as of 3 days ago just to get the forum to load. I tested with IE11 and it worked fine.

Might not be anything "wrong" with the server but something changed to have affected this number of people. I'll dig through Chrome tonight if I have a chance, I'm sure its a setting somewhere.

Might not be anything "wrong" with the server but something changed to have affected this number of people.

Agreed - something must be up. I have opened a ticket with IPB to see if they have any input.

I have to use IE8 (dont ask :) ) and I had to enable TLS1.1 TLS1.2 and uncheck SSL2.0 as of 3 days ago just to get the forum to load. I tested with IE11 and it worked fine.

This change occurred MONTHS ago; see thread here: https://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/topic/4962-proactively-increasing-security/

Guys - I figured it out. Totally my bad.

I enabled something completely unrelated / new on the server the other day called ModSecurity - apparently there is a rule there that conflicts with forum software showing as a false positive. I have disabled the rule - lets see if the access issues improve.

As for blaming it on the end user client (browser) it certainly presented itself that way - clearing the cache would fix the problem for most.

Never say never.  On TV dramas they often say 'But that's impossible' when they really mean they don't understand how that could have happened. But really they just don't have all the facts.

We just have to be patient, and present the facts.  I could have cleared my browser and kept quiet, and everyone else the same, but then Scott wouldn't have traced it back to likely a change that was made at the server end.

I'm just rambling!

Guys - I figured it out. Totally my bad.

I enabled something completely unrelated / new on the server the other day called ModSecurity - apparently there is a rule there that conflicts with forum software showing as a false positive. I have disabled the rule - lets see if the access issues improve.

As for blaming it on the end user client (browser) it certainly presented itself that way - clearing the cache would fix the problem for most.

lol

Archived