• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Club Run: April 19th - Muddy Myra - POSTPONED

SQRLPWR

Not surprised by this, and a good move on you part Jay!

I spent about 2 hours travelling a total distance of just over 3kms, in and back, to take the kids to my uncle's Maple camp. If the odo worked in reverse, I probably came closer to double that distance. The trip in was about 1/2 an hour, the return was 1 + 1/2 hours. Glad I have a winch; I used it 7 times today ;).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot can change over the week. Maybe have to revisit it next Friday or Saturday to reevaluate it.

I went out with Donnie and Ben to prerun their trail for next Sunday too. We went about 500m... Down the first hill and only started up the second. Just old skidoo track at the beginning, no real traffic on it at all. 1/2 hour down, and 3hrs back up and onto the road, lol! The snow was knee deep in the shallow places still, and waist deep in the deeper spots. The key was no wheel spin, but Suzanne was having difficulties and would spin and dig down...

Lol . That was the Miller road you were on. The road to E2C. No wonder we cancelled it! I can't see cars going in anytime soon! Where you turned around the snow

is always the deepest, just the orientation I guess. Anyway, the forecast is warm all week, if you didn't have too many trucks I bet it would be a tough but fun run, but I bet you would not cross the brook where the bad bridge is!

Robbi and Tom weren't having too much trouble, but me and my skinny 31's were sinking into the soft stuff pretty bad.

My 31s were aired down to 6... and I didn't spin a tire, but going up the hill we had was impossible. Once you started spinning you were done, because then you're digging... But my TJ is also quite a bit lighter than your X too...

Lol . That was the Miller road you were on. The road to E2C. No wonder we cancelled it! I can't see cars going in anytime soon! Where you turned around the snow

is always the deepest, just the orientation I guess. Anyway, the forecast is warm all week, if you didn't have too many trucks I bet it would be a tough but fun run, but I bet you would not cross the brook where the bad bridge is!

Yeah, with all the melt that will be coming, I'm not sure how many will want to attempt that crossing. Maybe it won't be bad, but I'm guessing it'll be fairly deep. I know I will NOT drive on that bridge.

Yeah, with all the melt that will be coming, I'm not sure how many will want to attempt that crossing. Maybe it won't be bad, but I'm guessing it'll be fairly deep. I know I will NOT drive on that bridge.

I'll do it if you do it first.

Lmao I'm not sure if I know which one you're talking about. I think I do, robbi was trying to explain it, but I'd have to see it to know for sure!

Different bridge! No way in hell any of us would make it over it. One kid with Daddy's brand new jeep tried it and flipped into the river a few years back. Not associated with us by any means. However we did help recover it.

Yeah, probably not the one Matt is thinking of. This one is near the big pit. They we're going to resurface it, but I don't think they were going to do anything to the structure underneath. If you've seen the structure, you wouldn't drive anything more than an ATV on it. Or atleast I wouldn't.

Yeah, probably not the one Matt is thinking of. This one is near the big pit. They we're going to resurface it, but I don't think they were going to do anything to the structure underneath. If you've seen the structure, you wouldn't drive anything more than an ATV on it. Or atleast I wouldn't.

I have serious concerns in walking over that S.O.B.!

I'm in for Sunday. I never ran muddy Myra yet ans it should be extra muddy now. If there is someone willing, I know of a gnarly spot that could bring you back to Myra road. I wanted to try this year but never had anyone with me to help me in case...

I wouldn't mind going but I have never been out that way so I would need someone to come that knows the trail. There is probably quite a bit of snow left though. I hike the other side of rocky Myra this week and it was pretty deep

Archived