• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Shitty Night

TomWood

It's worth less due to being repaired, especially how much repair is needed. If the dealer does a check and sees the accident. I also believe in full disclosure so most people don't like to buy a car with that much repair. At least if I was buying a car I wouldn't want one that wrecked and repaired lol

true enough. my dad had an accident before christmas with a brand new cr-v. the truck had 15 000$ in damage, but because the car was 2 months old, it still had good value and they fixed it. he wasnt too impressed with that

dealers will not and can not sell a "re-conditioned " car leagally .....also glad to see your ok tom ole boy ....iv been in your shoes before ask how i know ...:(

Oh man, that's a write off for sure. 2/3 of the car will need to be painted, the last 1/3 will be blended. That alone is damn near enough to write it off. The additional body work just seals the deal. Not to mention the undoubtedly screwed rad supports.

The worst of it is over anyways, now the fun part of new car shopping! Have fun with it man, getting a car wrote off is usually pretty awesome payout wise.

Edit- Would like to second the Abarth thing. In that trim level the Fiats are actually pretty awesome. Snotty, growly, speedy little things.

So, I have heard back from Chapman's Auto body (Will be using them every time), I successfully did $14000 worth of damage to the golf. This is without airbags going off. The quote is being sent to the insurance company, the body shop value of the car is 16000, which means the damage cost is 80% of a replacement cost.

So, I have heard back from Chapman's Auto body (Will be using them every time), I successfully did $14000 worth of damage to the golf. This is without airbags going off. The quote is being sent to the insurance company, the body shop value of the car is 16000, which means the damage cost is 80% of a replacement cost.

87.5% actually ;) ! Here's hoping for write-off :) ! You need to be separated from that car before it kills you!

Not necessarily true Tom. I was quite certain that they would write-off our Corolla when my wife had the accident last year. The final bill was 120% more than the Black book value! Although, aside from the rad support, there was no other structural damage so maybe that had something to do with it ?

It wasnt a flippant comment! :D I had to think long and hard about how to answer it though ;)

Going to take a look at the camo one I posted in vehicles. probably later tonight.

I just didn't want the FB data-miners to take it as anything more than a bit of fun :)

That camo Mazda looks to be in pretty good shape from the pictures. It'll be interesting to see how bad the frame is.

Archived