• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Shitty Night

TomWood

So people know, I have just been in an accident with our golf. I hit the centre median head on at about 70km/h and am currently in the hospital getting checked out. I am a little sore but ok, the car may be a write off though. Just want to let people know first hand.

Thanks guys! Means a lot, so far just stiff, but will see what happens later, and if anything comes up. Will be calling insurance today and when we et a rental will be going to beatons to get some pictures.

So I am still hurting a bit, lower back is sore. We got our rental car yesterday, and it is hilarious, we are now driving a fiat 500. One of the worst cars I have ever driven. At least we have wheels though. Pictures of the golf are going to be coming later today.

Funny enough the airbags didnt blow, this may get fixed. Looks to be about 5000-8000 worth of damage. Although thats all body, the transmission wont shift into Reverse, 1,3 or 5th gears. Cant open the hood, so the engine may have shifted and caused problems. If the airbags went it wouldve been a total write off for sure.

Archived