• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

CLUB RUN: Sunday Jan 27, 2013

Guest Eastcoastcam

For those (newer) members unfamiliar with either trail, the worst of Ellershouse is near the beginning with some possible deep water (probably frozen this time of year) and some sort of tight spots in the woods. I ran it when my Jeep was fully stock on 30" tires in the winter (with plenty of snow) a couple years ago.

^^^ James wrote that...

Tight in spots, is this a run for a full size truck? If I can get the 4wd drive working in my truck , I would like to go.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I make no promises, Andrew (Gearjammer) had his F150 through Ellershouse. There is ALWAYS the chance for breakage and/or body damage on any trail. I will post up some videos and maybe some pics of this trail so that people can judge for themselves if they can or want to run this trail.

I am very interested in making this run as I heard lots about this trail. Will my F150 make it through (wheelbase issues, for long clearances and tight sections)?

Do you have front and rear tow points? I don't think you will have issue with wheelbase. The tight sections in the woods can be finicky for a fullsize. You will get pinstriping from branches. I have seen other full size trucks go through this trail, and some have gotten some significant body damage, others nothing. It is your choice to run this trail or not (as with any trail) and your own assumption for risk of damage to your rig. Search Youtube for more videos from Ellershouse so you can get an idea of the trail.

It is quite different wheeling in the winter than the rest of the year, and can be completely different from one weekend to another, even one day to another (which is all part of the fun and challenge :) !)

Good luck to ya with the 150. Got tow points?

For the guy with no tow points on the back, if you get stuck and need a tow backwards... You are pooched. You are making the right choice to pass.

Yeah I got front and rear. F-150 is leveled with 35s if that changes your answer to my question :P haha. Ican always go and just turn around if need-be.

Never hurts to see what the trail is like in someone else's rig. First time I took mine out was around Ellerhouse area and I was nervous as hell, the trail was a little worse than stock friendly and once I had the first scratches and the first few feet through the trail I just had fun. Bumps and dents and scratches happens lol.

Archived