• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

January Trail Run

SQRLPWR

Lewis has made it to the 2nd round of try-outs for Montreal Impact on the 16th and possibly the 23rd, so I'll be taking him and wont be able to make this months run.

Weather permitting, do we have any volunteers to host one ?

Jan & Feb always seem to be tricky because of the unknown weather conditions, but we could do with deciding where we want to run this Jan, Feb & March ;)

Any thoughts?

I'm not going to volunteer for this one.  I'm not planning yet to make it out.  Been out the last three months in a row!  Counting Jan. 01, I've been out this month!

It is a small pain in the *** with the Sub.  It is a 15 minute drive away, behind a bolted gate, wrenches behind a double locked door, with the battery unhooked, etc.  And doing the fluid checks, changed both belts, in the 'dark'. And possible cold.  After cleaning the snow off. And shoveling out the gate.  And then putting it away.  Not so bad in the brighter, warmer months!  We'll see!

16 hours ago, TomWood said:

Was going to suggest TJ's but its really not full size friendly. We could run Hard and Soft then TJ's and the full sizes would head to the road or back through Hard and Soft

So TJs when you say not full size friendly, do you mean I won't physically fit or there is the chance of some new upgrades to the sheet metal. I'm talking about stuff like the " goal posts" when they were still standing. 

TJ's is tight, with a couple of pretty turns that the 4 door JK's need to do multiple maneuvers to get through.  I'm honestly not sure if anything longer would make them.  You'd make it through the rest of the trail with no problems though I think.  Might be able to winch and snatch block to get the *** end around to make the tight turns also.

1 hour ago, derekmac said:

TJ's is tight, with a couple of pretty turns that the 4 door JK's need to do multiple maneuvers to get through.  I'm honestly not sure if anything longer would make them.  You'd make it through the rest of the trail with no problems though I think.  Might be able to winch and snatch block to get the *** end around to make the tight turns also.

With the length of Matt's f**d and Eugene's 'Burb, even winching the a$$ end around some of the turns wouldn't work, as there is no room to winch it over. Thy would have that chance if their back ends were like those articulating buses :P ...

51 minutes ago, Eastcoastcam said:

With the length of Matt's f**d and Eugene's 'Burb, even winching the a$$ end around some of the turns wouldn't work, as there is no room to winch it over. Thy would have that chance if their back ends were like those articulating buses :P ...

haha why is ford censored? 

36 minutes ago, 82Yota said:

haha why is ford censored? 

I don't brag about owning it lol

And it's a Rig that is taking way too long to dial in. Every time I drive it , it drives different, its like we meet for the first time every time. 

Last time on TJ's there was only one spot where Matt in Jessy's JKU had to perform a back up, the rest of the time it went through as easy as my 2 door. With the shorter Ram JJ shouldnt have too many issues at all. 

Either way looking at how things are going we may need someone to lead the January run. Any options other than TJs, post them up!

Archived