• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Club Run: 24th May - Ellershouse

SQRLPWR

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Copied from NSJC:

Good news!

All the snow is gone!

Bad News...

we can no longer end where we normally would as there is now signage that clearly states that only authorized personnel may enter this area.

Theses signs appear just after the culvert. I have spoken with the security company that is guarding the site and they confirmed that we are NOT to enter that area. I assured her that the NSJC will not travel in the section that is clearly marked as no access.

So we will still be doing Ellershouse but will be turning around mid trail to avoid the area in question.

After all that, the run looks awesome! plenty of mud, deep ruts and off camber etc!

I am taking care of this now Derek :) They have increased the signage since I was through. The issue is that vandalism occured to the construction equipment prompting stronger security at the site.

I am in contact with the construction company and will be working with them on getting permission to access the road for us and for NSJC. Once I hear back I will let you guys know. Worst case we get to the end and turn around and run it in reverse :)

I am taking care of this now Derek :) They have increased the signage since I was through. The issue is that vandalism occured to the construction equipment prompting stronger security at the site.

I am in contact with the construction company and will be working with them on getting permission to access the road for us and for NSJC. Once I hear back I will let you guys know. Worst case we get to the end and turn around and run it in reverse :)

Awesome news Tom! If idiots are vandalizing their equipment, then I can't say I blame them for wanting to keep people out. Hopefully they'll realize that both clubs are here to enjoy the trails, not ruin them.

I know a way around that issue. By that I mean I know a way to skip out on the road out. There's a little trail right before you cut down to the road that takes you out to the culvert/pit that dumps you back out on the Ellershouse service road that runs up by the highway.

That said, I'm pretty sure that area is crown land yes? If that's the case their signs have no power of law behind them and I couldn't really give 2 fucks about them. I went out past security there yesterday and they didn't say **** or even look twice at us.

But seriously the only thing we would be missing if we took the alternate way out is the culvert and the shale pit. Most people won't do the culvert anyways and the shale pit has been filled.

there is a way just out of the culvert that we can take to bypass the construction and end up going right by the mud pit part of the trail. If the nsjc is doing the same run as as same day we are out and I don't need to rush to get Wilma going now.

So some information, the road after the run in Ellerhouse was private land before being leased by the company installing the Wind Turbines. This was not Crown Land.

Good news: I have a meeting tomorrow with the Site Manager and the Energy Project Co-ordinator. We will be discussing access to the road for our run, as well I invited Donnie Mackenzie to the meeting for permissions for the NSJC run.

Once I have had the meeting with them I will report back here.

Worried about a Jeff-style mega turn out? LOL

I find it's actually totally pointless keeping track....folks drop in and out all the time and don't let the organizer know. Then there's muppets like me who invariably decide on the day :)

Even with a small group there is the potential for a day of breakages and recoveries ;) My advise is to take the trail notes seriously & plan for the worst :) That way there are no disappointments...and no whining is allowed ROFL :)

LOL what Jay said, I believe we have up to 10 rigs so far coming out. I have been through this trail with a large amount of rigs and its pretty easy going. Should be a fun day and not a bad day lol

Archived