• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Trail Runs 2015

SQRLPWR

I'm trying to organize a complete list of trail dates for 2015 for further discussion.

Here's what I have in mind;

• April 19th - Muddy Mira - POSTPONED DUE TO SEVERE SNOW COVERAGE
  • May 24th - Ellershouse - confirmed
  • June 21st - Hilden - CANCELLED
  • June 20th - Bump & Grind - confirmed
  • July 25th - Backcountry 4x4 Summer Event - confirmed
  • August 15th - Ledgewood Lookoff Rally - confirmed
  • August 28th - 30th - M.U.D. Run - confirmed
  • September 20th - Big Jones - Night Run - confirmed
  • October - 18th - Combined with Pirates - Renfrew
  • November 22nd - Big Jones
  • December 20th - TBA - up for discussion

Dates and trails are up for grabs if you have any suggestions ;)

Can we make this sticky to complement the calendar?

Once the snow clears, ahem, and I get something running, I will hold some trail clearing events and some fun non-4WD events.

The fun events will be posted elsewhere of course. One of the main fun events will be 'ontree', at Martock. It will be like some other events I organize, I'll post up the day and time and I'll be going and who ever else can just jump in! No organization, and no whining about stock friendly or not!

Some of the events I organize I start with a BIg Stop style breakfast somewhere. With 'ontree', it will likely be a supper afterwards at 'The Spitfire Arms Alehouse'!

Another trail I don't think got listed Jay - Burnt Lake!

Burnt Lake is not new, but not run often as it can be flooded and probably leaves a lot of pin-stripes! However, those tha t love it love it a lot! And it is a dead end.

Starts at Conrod Settlement (Not Conrad), and Conrad Lake / Chezzetcook Lake, and runs North to Burnt Lake and back. You CANNOT get across to the Ledwidge / Myra area, and the logging road going out to the east is, or least was, gated.

I'm going to confirm those Conrad and Conrad names though!

Well, the map I was looking at calls it Conrad Lake, but all other references call it Conrod Lake.

So be it!

Other references Jay, Head of Chezzetcook, Gaetz Brook, just past Porters Lake.

I'm going to confirm those Conrad and Conrad names though!Well, the map I was looking at calls it Conrad Lake, but all other references call it Conrod Lake.So be it!Other references Jay, Head of Chezzetcook, Gaetz Brook, just past Porters Lake.

It is Conrod Settlement and Conrod Lake ;)

The Range is kinda meh for a club run. I can be through that in less then a half hour. Unless we're doing the extension down to Lucasville Rd, that's a fairly interesting route. Not very stock friendly though.

Lucasville can be arranged... hey we had a stock JK and a stock Liberty on bald tires through there.

Granted, the JK punctured its tub and the Liberty was ... dragged.

I thought the only way to get near burnt lake was from old guysborough road. I've seen trails that lead to burnt lake from conrod settlement but they were on people's private properties.

I'm really interested in that one

Hey Jon. Nope, can only get to Burnt Lake from the Guysborough side in the winter on ATVS across the ice! I also don't understand the trail between the houses at Conrod Settlement but lots of people do it. Maybe they check with the neighbours first? James might know.

Is it possible to hike to burnt lake in the summer? Let's say drive halfway down and then hike the rest?

Seems like one of those spots where not a lot of people go. Similar to Lake no good at the end of Myra road. I drove my truck at the entrance of an old trail, it has multiple crossings and looks really fun but I was alone and would need people to help clear it a bit

If your looking to do a drive/hike by all means set one up. However for the club I think it would be preferable that all runs are full drives. Unless there are people that would like a drive/hike club run (I personally would not).

• 4 weeks later...

sounds intriguing :)

we also need to start thinking about Bump & Grind. I was at the entrance last week, and there was a convenient vehicle sized hole in the rock 'barrier'. Leading up to that hole is some nice grass, with some tread marks.

There's also an unlock-able swing barrier at the top where the cycle/walking path is, that looks wide enough.

I know there's concern as to whether we should be tearing up that nice grass in order to get to the trail head.....thoughts?

Archived