• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Opinions are like ***holes...

RobSinclair

Given the year, mileage, and presumably no rust if it was sprayed annualy, and assuming no noticable dents and other issues, I think it is a nice rig!

The pictures are awful small.........

What I don't understand is the thread title! Are you telling me I'm an A** hole?

I only have 2 pics of that Jeep from a couple years ago, one at a distance and one with the sun making it not great. I can say that it is well done, and has been well taken care of, if it is still the same owner as when I wheeled with it. He has owned it since Feb. 2011.

we are all a@#$$ holes in here

And that's why we all get along...well most of us...some are bigger than others (myself included) :P

But seriously, if MPG is a concern, a Jeep is not the answer. Even stock, they are not great & not many other true 4x4's as well for that matter.

I know that gas mileage is not good in an offroad vehicle. Have you all forgotten that I drive a V8 Toyota? He is just wondering what they are like as far a MPG goes so he can plan for the difference in fuel costs compared to his motorcycle. Your MPG responses confirmed the title of my post. Just answer the damn question. Lol

Expect to be flamed on the internet when the question is one of lower quality and obviously easily researchable on google. :D Also without knowing what engine is in that jeep we cannot tell you.

The engine in that Jeep is a 4.0 inline 6 cyl. It should be good for about 350km/tank (71L)... about the same amount of kms as a tank on a motorcycle :P !

...and that is REAL kms, not necessarily what the odometer/speedometer reads if it wasn't regeared to read correctly with the tire size & regear.

My statement still stands James :D until you informed us of the engine. That sounds about right, now in my stock 95 inline 6 4.0L I get 500-600 per tank, closer to 450 if I go wheeling on the weekend. Actual KM

I would still go with the original one, but negotiate on the price...It is ready to go NOW, without needing work. There is still lots to be able to do to make it "yours".

Peter does leave some room for negotiation in his price, as he did with his old XJ as well. But at the same time, he probably isn't in a big rush to sell either.

Archived