• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2017 M.U.D. Event Dates

sar4x4

*** Update: Date is now set.  July 14-16.  Further updates to follow closer to summer.  ***

Hi Folks:

I am looking for comments for the 4th Annual M.U.D. dates!

1) I'd like to return to the 3 Day / 2 Night format. (Perhaps 4 Day / 3 Night!). Alternatively we run three single day runs like last year.

2) Dates! 

- I hate to hold the event on holiday weekends (I like to leave that for family events).

- I hate to hold the event on any weekend that other events like Ledwidge/P.O.R.N./Summer Event is being held.

- I hate to hold the event on any weekend just before or just after other events like Ledwidge/P.O.R.N./Summer Event is being held.

- I like to hold it in July or August.

So, the best possibilities suiting the above conditions are:

July 7-9, following Canada Day weekend.  

July 14-16.  Two weekends before P.O.R.N.  (I think, let me check.)

ALL thoughts welcome!

19 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

So, the best possibilities suiting the above conditions are:

July 7-9, following Canada Day weekend.  

July 14-16.  Two weekends before P.O.R.N.  (I think, let me check.)

ALL thoughts welcome!

July 14-16 works for us too

SOLD!  I know the 'poll' wasn't up long, but a number of key members responded, picking what I also think is the better date, so it is now set!

Another post will be started with details as we get closer to summer. I'll probably ask Admin to pin it as well.

You or the Zuk is mechanically sound? lol Hopefully both!

I will be trying to keep 'uninterrupted long distances' to a minimum, punctuated by interesting breaks along the way.....

I just found out about a 'tres interesting', (that's my attempt at French today), place to visit, right next to a VERY popular trail that we use, so popular it was just run on Saturday.......... It could/should be visited on single day runs, not multi-day runs, but,,, my mind is whirling lately with 'Dirt Every Day', 'Ultimate Adventure', etc. ideas..............

I'm going to plot them on a map, and develop a route............

OMG  I've been so pre-occupied with work, the SAR E2C, and M.U.D. ideas, I forgot about the decal!

Yes, Jay, start some magic!  I don't have any ideas.

Of course when we start the ideas, we'll do it through PM with Tom, etc.

:-)

Archived