• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

P.O.R.N. run Dec 19th

derekmac

Had a great run today! I want to thank Eugene for leading us through most of it, and it was nice to finally run the parts we cut out. 

I REALLY want to do a discovery run back there, and see more of the ruins! I'm sure there's tons back there, but had too many people today to go look at them. 

From what Matt Brunet described he's been abusing that starter lately, he may have another problem to fix!  But I was glad to help out.  I've been towed before by a Dakota, I was playing it forward!  And maybe showing off.  I didn't spin much on those slippery rocks with my Krawlers aired to 20 psi and my locker, towing the big Ram!

And Jay, I loved airing up with my compressor like yours!  That auto shutoff is great!  Although I find I need to set it 3 psi higher to match two different gauges I have but that's no big deal.

So I bought a compressor at Jay's advice.

And I watched Matt Brunet air down on Saturday at M.U.D. 2015 and gain great traction that I would have found hard to believe if I hadn't seen it myself.

I'm still learning!

38 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

From what Matt Brunet described he's been abusing that starter lately, he may have another problem to fix!

That is very true.  I did some googling of the issue and it most likely 1 of 2 things.

The lock up solenoid (which is a pain in butt to change) OR I'm low on fluid  (super easy fix)

I was pretty sure I topped her up properly after the MUD fiasco but I might not have.  Also apparently since I have a trans cooler I'm supposed to fill slightly above the full mark. I guess to accommodate the volume held by the cooler. 

Archived