• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

May Monthly Meeting

TomWood

Sorry for the short notice folks, been a little crazy for me in April.

The May monthly meeting will be next week on the 8th. This will be held at the Sobeys at Larry Uteck in Clayton Park. Same place as always.

Meeting time is 7pm, please go right into the Sobeys and up to the community room.

Any topics that are requesting to be discussed can be posted in here.

Friday was the designated day for meetings for the past few years. We can bring this point up and see what the response is. I do have a plan for next months meeting.

Edit: Went through the forum and the Friday meeting was decided in the January meeting 2013. We have been doing them on Friday for 2 years, but again if there is enough interest it can be discussed.

Friday seems to work fairly well, but not for everyone. (Calvin can't do Fridays either.) (Probably no day works for everyone.) I will bring up at the meeting that we alternate between two different days, perhaps. Yes, someone will get the days mixed up I'm sure............

I'll be able to make this meeting. I, much like Bill would prefer to have meetings on like, Saturday. I start work at 6am in the summer, by the time 5pm rolls around I'm dead tired. Hard to work up the will to drag myself out to the meeting after that.

So no coffee night so I am going to take a little drive in the Scout to the Car Club cruise in at A&W Woodside tonight..... :-)

Tomorrow night I can't make it to the meeting. :-( Taking the gf to Beer and Beethoven I think. :-) She supports my hobbies 100% so once in a while I support hers as well! Oh wait, I mean I support her interests 100% as well and tomorrow night strategically hers is going to win! It's a once a year thing.

I don't think I'll be making it either. I'm planning on flushing the brake fluid on the Jeep since it hasn't been done in...... Ever?? :D I need to bleed the front right again since the pedal is still soft after replacing the caliper a couple of days ago, so figure I might as well go all out, and flush the system.

Parents' Meeting tonight at soccer practice. I will be going there tonight.

Tom, I posted up some trail info in the Summer Event meeting thread to pass along, any questions post them there.

I will be at coffee night next week. See you guys then.

Meeting minutes:

Autoclub @ Halifax (Windsor Park) – Show up on Mondays and talk to Jason to get a membership. There was issues with a BC club member (Robbi) getting an Autoclub membership without being military. Tom talked to Jason and things are cleared up.

Friday night meetings – board poll will be done to vote for best day. Best two days voted on will be chosen and alternated monthly to help with people that cannot come on Fridays.

Monthly club runs – See posts about monthly dates and trails. Talks about a night run.

Summer Event – Additional trails to be scouted and possibly added to the event. TBD. Talked about some details of the event. BBQ on the trail. Come on out Friday / Saturday morning to register.

Renfrew trail – discussions to determine boundaries and establish a relationship with the owner.

Other summer events – Family Picnic day. Date TBD.

Archived