• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Trip from Edmonton, AB to Halifax

My04T4R

As some of you may know I have been waiting for the right time to come home and enjoy some summer family time, the time has come!!!

I am driving from Edmonton to Halifax, I have done this journey a few times now, I will drive as much as safely possible each day, the first time I did it was in the middle of December on worn a/t tires! lol :)

The 4runner is in good working condition at 232,XXX km's, I will check some basic stuff tomorrow like some fluids and tire pressures (if anyone can think of something I should check before I leave post up ill check it), hauling 600~lbs plus myself.

DSC_0032.jpg

screenshot windows 7

She looks ready to rock eh? :) Hope I get better mileage than last time :(

I am going to make updates daily to my trip and photograph some of the cool things I see along the way.

The overview:

DSC_0034.jpg

free photo hosting

Yup nearly 5 thousand km's...

This is the second leg, I am hoping to leave Edmonton early early tomorrow (Friday) morning and get right on the road.

I have some stuff to do along the way and hopefully it doesn't slow me down too much; oil change is due very soon (have oil and filter with me). Planning for a quick jiffy lube or something along the way.

DSC_0035.jpg

image hosting 5mb

So the second day if I make it to Kenora, will be Kenora to Sudbury Ontario. By this time I will have killed tens of thousands of bugs with my Toyota haha.

DSC_0036.jpg

screen cap

Lastly if I made it to Sudbury which is a bit of a stretch really.... I will have my last leg ahead of me which is Sudbury to Halifax, impossibly long stretch I know..

The last time I was eastbound I slept in a parking lot in CFB Petawawa << I think that's how you spell it >> and then drove straight through to Halifax, that was a early morning to next days late morning drive but once you get by around Moncton you are so close it would be stupid to stop.

DSC_0037.jpg

how to screen capture

We will see what happens along the way!

Stay tuned I will take lots of pictures.

Sam

edit: Oops the overview pic was of my alternate route.

Good morning everyone!

This morning was a little frantic, I left at 6 am, got caught in some traffic, and now I am in Lloydminster AB Canada's only border town!

Sitting here in the Toyota dealership for a quick oil filter change and driveshaft lube n torque.

Got some pictures along the way but for the most part it was just foggy :(

Leaving Edmonton this morning

DSC_0038.jpg
photo uploading

Fog

DSC_0039.jpg
image share

Then the fog cleared up for a bit!

DSC_0040.jpg
image sharing sites

DSC_0041.jpg
free picture upload

DSC_0042.jpg
screenshot windows

Then I came across this lonely little Toyota dealership in Lloydminster, figured it was a bit safer of a bet than a mr lube!

DSC_0047.jpg
upload

DSC_0044.jpg
uploading images

DSC_0045.jpg
uploading pictures

This **** is expensive!!!!

DSC_0046.jpg
how to capture screen

Update you guys on my progress at the end of the night!

Sam

I have used a lot of different syn oils, amsoil always comes out the cleanest! Also I support local distributors by purchasing amsoil.

In North battlefield SK currently. Looks like I am driving into some severe inclement weather including possible funnel clouds.

Yorkton boston pizza ye ye, doesn't look like Kenora tonight, probably just Winnipeg. Got lots of pix so far today hope to get more before its dark out. I will upload a post with pix tomorrow morning.

Made it to Kenora, it's late. This town is weird, everyone young and old is drunk walking the streets, since I am sleeping in the car I have hidden myself as best I can haha can anyone guess where I am hiding? I can blend in...

Pictures of today posted tmrw morning

@ Mr joe, there is and yes... I was hiding out at the dealership haha...

Sorry it took so long for me to post day ones full pix, internet coverage in Ontario is far and few between, so Ill upload all I can while I sit here at tonights hiding spot in Sault st marie, yeah I know I was shooting for Sudbury but its late, im tired and there is lots of wildlife out and about.

Here is the sask pix from yesterday

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

image ru

This is what I got today in Ontario, sorry I don't have the time or effort to sort out doubles and caption stuff, I will do that tomorrow or whatever.

THe mosquitos are really really bad here...

P.S. the pic at the end is my hiding spot haha :)

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg