• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

May Club Run: South Colchester

Eastcoastcam

OK folks... Time to get excited again! Our next run will be on Saturday May 10, 2014. We will be running some NEW to us trails in the Hilden area of Colchester County, being guided by Robert Simon. The meeting place for the trails will be at Rob's shop at 1805 Hwy #2, Hilden at 10:00am.

For those of us here in HRM, we can meet at the Tim Horton's at Damascus Road/Verdi Drive in Bedford at 8:30-8:45 to leave in a convoy at 9ish. Dartmouth folks can watch for us at the 102/118 junction by Miller Lake around 9:15.

Hope to see you there B) !

Note: I will add a Google maps link to this post for Robert's shop when I get to a PC.

Pics from their prerun of it will also be posted soon as well.

The trails are stock doable (definite pinstriping expected), with lots to play around on along the way. They are tight in places that could be not so full size friendly, but I will let Robert chime in here on that.

B)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes some pics are familiar, but there are sooo many off shoot roads that you could likely wheel for a month or two and only travel a few of the same roads for a short period of time.

I'm now in a situation...2 wheeling events on back to back weekends (May 3rd & 10th). Not sure what I have to do to get a "permission" slip to attend both.

I might have to pull the "Went to Canadian Tire for something and ran into some people" trick...

Yes some pics are familiar, but there are sooo many off shoot roads that you could likely wheel for a month or two and only travel a few of the same roads for a short period of time.

I'm now in a situation...2 wheeling events on back to back weekends (May 3rd & 10th). Not sure what I have to do to get a "permission" slip to attend both.

I might have to pull the "Went to Canadian Tire for something and ran into some people" trick...

...or you "*promised* to give someone a hand with something or other... I'll see you when we're all done" sort of thing... ;) !

Not when that "help" is "back at the camp" that you didn't realize when you promised to help ;) !

lol, fair enough. Just need to be sure to have a pic of your Heep on the end of the winch line...2 birds with one stone.

#1) help a friend (check)

#2) Recovery your Heep (check and mate :D )

Would be great to see the big boys out too :D

I'm putting my Krawlers on Friday for our SAR event this weekend. I wasn't going to but there is a good trail that got beat up by tree skidders this spring and one of the ATV guys said he couldn't get through it on his ATV and my brother said I can. So the gauntlet is thrown!

Are you coming out Jay? Because I'll wait for you if you are!

Update: The X has made the decision easier for me (though not on the wallet). Clutch fan is completely pooched. I can move the fan more than 3 inches toward the block & then towards the rad!

New clutch fan on order along with a belt, tensioner & idler pulley. While I'm in there might as well replace it all! Unfortunately, the parts won't be here until Friday.

Really sounds like this isn't for a full size rig. Videos make the whole trail look narrow.

What size we talking about, Suburban/hummer wont fit? What about an FJ cruiser Am i going to be getting into the shrubbery much?

a 4runner and xterra have both pre-run the trail without having to cut down branches etc...but it is tight

If a 4runner made it i should be fine! If im back from lovely ontario in time for it i will hopefully be there! would be fun to get a little woods fun in!

Archived