• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Toms Car/Truck/Jeep Finds.

TomWood

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is something for you to drool over... good pix on every page, http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-suspension-talk/80112-tundra-long-travel-build.html .. not trying to highjack your thread but what do you guys think of a vehicle like this, a full desert off road racer/ daily driver? Is there enough places around here to make it worth while? Or would you all just find big a** jumps all day every day?

Here is something for you to drool over... good pix on every page, http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-suspension-talk/80112-tundra-long-travel-build.html .. not trying to highjack your thread but what do you guys think of a vehicle like this, a full desert off road racer/ daily driver? Is there enough places around here to make it worth while? Or would you all just find big a** jumps all day every day?

That is a cool truck, but let's see it at KOH on "Backdoor" ;) !

I heard that they are thirsty and like to break down.

It's a British made 'niche' vehicle. If you're looking for reliability, ease of service, inexpensive parts and low fuel consumption, this is not the vehicle!

Really? Cool! Its not running and buddy offered it up for $500. Would take some work I think but I can get any part needed for it :) Just need a garage to work on it and permission from the wife lol.

Really? Cool! Its not running and buddy offered it up for $500. Would take some work I think but I can get any part needed for it :) Just need a garage to work on it and permission from the wife lol.

Better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission...once you get the house, of course ;)

May be he added an extra 0 by accident?? Then again, it has race pedals!

Crappy Tire race pedals and crappy paint job. lol Like the guy with the V8 Dakota, I think he just wants to show off his truck! It may be worth $5k to him

but he'd be lucky to get $1,500! And that's for the tires and battery! 329k km!

I heard that they are thirsty and like to break down.

It's a British made 'niche' vehicle. If you're looking for reliability, ease of service, inexpensive parts and low fuel consumption, this is not the vehicle!

5000lb vehicle and a small (I think 4l) V8 are not a good combo if fuel economy is what you're after... full-time 4wd doesn't help.

Parts and maintenance are not as bad as the reputation would have you think... that is once you get the electrical gremlins sorted and do away with the airbags... swap them for a terrafirma or OME 2" lift set of coils. Only really expensive if you insist on dealer maintenace (or any local places really, seems most people have $ signs in thier eyes when they see Land Rover) and if ypu insist on Genuine parts (everything is available aftermarket... but you must order it usually... which causes problems for daily driver types..

)

Plus side is you get a vehicle that is very capible off-road (very near stock Disco 1s and 2s took part in Camel Trophy... G4 Challange as well I think...), very comfortable highway cruiser with room enough for wife, kids and puppies, plus a reasonable tow capacity.

Biggest problem is panel corrosion.... not the stuff you can see, thats mostly aluminium... but the inner bits that are steel rot BAD!

Tom, how could you miss this one??? Ugly, wrapped in crap, covered in puke...and I'm a Nissan guy!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/truro/unique-eye-popper-vehicle-for-sale/568361230?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Why would you pay that much for that old, RHD, hard to get some parts for, vehicle? I don't understand these prices!

Archived