• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Toms Car/Truck/Jeep Finds.

TomWood

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like a great opportunity here for a person to get into a Series Rover. Looks like a complete and mostly original truck plus LOTS of spare parts!

I am tempted...

1965 Land Rover Collector's Starter Kit:

http://bathurst.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1965-Land-Rover-Collector-s-Starter-Kit-W0QQAdIdZ543388616

Based on the pictures, I'd say the collection is well worth the asking price, I'd say it's worth much more. People have often paid much more for much less!

That looks like a pretty good deal B)

Wow. That seems like a great deal.

If I hadn't just put $1500 towards engines and $500 towards a truck cab and "near mint" tailgate that happens to come with an old Series 2 109... I'd seriously consider adding it to our collection...

For someone who wants to get into an old Rover project, this sort of opportunity is few and far between.

damn, it sucks we just started renovating the kitchen. this means no money to start a project like this.

It has been listed for sometime. It may stay available for sometime. If it happens to sell, we can refer to it as your "missed opportunity!"

yeah i've seen it a while ago. if its still available this spring, i could pick it up but would leave the fj stock until i'm done spending one the rover :P

Do it. Something I forgot to mention earlier though frame condition. These Series 2's use much higher quality metals compared to Series 3's like mine but most frames still rot out with time. It is usually wise to budget a new frame (commercially available) when considering a project such as this just in case the original frame is not salvageable... which they often are not. As an alternative, you could build your own frame then drop it off at the galvanizer in Burnside for some lasting protection!

Was going to flame you on that one James, calling it cheap. But with the gear it has I would agree with Cheap TJ

****, that was the wrong one. Not cheap at all, but an excellent working Jeep. It is Cindy Creighton's (the "Pirate Ship's" first mate) old TJ. And still a good deal at ~$10K

THIS is the one that I meant to post as the CHEAP TJ...

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-97-tj-sell-trade-for-sled-W0QQAdIdZ555736544

:D

Archived