• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

forum change

Guest TomWood

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not getting that doing a scan, it pops up when I load the first forum screen. I will see what I can find about the directory and check my pc for the file indicated.

Tom it looks like you are getting a notification from Java itself. Are you running v7+? It's a new "security" feature since Java is such a piece of **** - they warn you about anything it tries to run in any of the new versions since 7.

What operating system is everyone using and IE Version? I am using V7 UPDATE 21 for java (newest). I do believe my error would be popping up on the other computers had an AV not picked up the popup first. I can try running on one of my VM using a lower java version to check.

O/S - Windows 7

browser IE 10

Java Update 21

Only had it happen twice yesterday. Both time within a few seconds of opening a page around 4:30PM when I got home. Ran a full scan with 2 AV programs and system is clean.

Just got it again now.

"Exploit JavaScript Obfuscation (type 156).

Details refer to IE program (C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe)

process ID: 12124.

Yeah I'm getting the same thing but addressed to my firefox location.

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats/info/javascript-obfuscation/?name=JavaScript%20Obfuscation%20%28type%20156%29

JavaScript Obfuscation AVG detects this somewhat active Webthreat and its 46 known variants.

You searched for JavaScript Obfuscation (type 156), which is detected by AVG and is part of the JavaScript Obfuscation family. The most popular variants of JavaScript Obfuscation are JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2702), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 156), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2707) JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2228), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2710), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2605), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2258), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2264), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 142), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2298), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 1489), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2294), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2281), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 1332), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2713), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2249), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 1494), JavaScript Obfuscation (type 2204), more ...

What is JavaScript Obfuscation?

Javascript is a language used to make websites interactive. If that javascript code is written in a cryptic way so that it isn't easy to see what it does, it's considered to be a javascript obfuscation. A javascript obfuscation is often used to hide malicious code that can force malicious unwanted software on your device.

Statistics summary

JavaScript Obfuscation is a threat that is spreading. It is currently ranked 10 in the world for online threats. more ...

How can I remove JavaScript Obfuscation?

If you received a pop-up warning for JavaScript Obfuscation while you were surfing a website, chances are that the threat was blocked and there's nothing to remove. However, if you suspect that a malicious file has been downloaded to your computer please visit our Removal FAQ to get more information on how to eliminate this and any other threat from your device.

I'm wondering if it can lay hidden then pop up. I had it once after my post on Friday, but seemed not related to backcoutnry at that time.

Methinks you guys may have some malware going on on your respective machines. There is still no malware being reported on the server.

The fact that you got the same popup on a different website would lead me to think the issue is on your computer and not this server.

The popup Tom got is something new (and stupid) that Java is doing and came directly from Java, not his antivirus.

Archived