• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

forum change

Guest TomWood

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There definitely was a piece of malware going on. Themes were all messed up and my MacAfee was asking did I want to run this program with this weird name, coming from backcountry4x4club.ca. Fortunately I said NO!

All is fine now!

Not sure now if it was MacAfee or just my browser, but like James I run IE both at home and at work (no real choice there) ( I know I know IE isn't the best) and it happened on both machines.

If I see anything like it again I'll TRY to remember to screen grab it!

I'm not trying to deflect or tell you that you are wrong, but have you guys run full scans on your machines? It is possible that you have been infected and the exploit is masquerading on websites. Do you get the issues on any other site?

I just scanned the entire server for *.jnlp and it returned 0 results, indicating that the file listed in Tom's screenshot does not exist on the server. I have requested a full server scan for malware and will report back with the results if any.

Archived