• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

CLUB RUN: RESCHEDULED April 21, 2013 - Bump 'n Grind

TomWood

sounds good to me. i have a small amount of work to do befor the run such as change a wheel bearing, front brake pads and modify my enging skid so the front driveshaft does not come in contact with it.

May need to be a co-pilot for this one, hopefully someone has a seat while the liberty is down :D

I would really like to have someone that knows the trail as a co pilot, so if you want to ride shotgun I would really appreciate it.

Sam

Well FML. I'm not in for the 7th. Wife is taking our daughter to see the f 'n Doodlebops in Halifax at the Rebecca Cohn on Sunday. Can't take a 1 year old on the trail in a car seat, although from the looks of the trail, we'd be stopping every 30 minutes anyway...not going to get a permission slip for this one. My off-roading life sucks as of late.... I'd ask to change to the 6th, but it makes no difference, I have the kids that day while she is on a girl run to the Valley.

The navy is stealing me away for this one.

Sam, take your time. The trail is 4Runner doable but its right on the limit in a couple spots. Without rock sliders you could take damage to your door sills and rocker panels. My running boards absorbed a lot of punishment for me.

When you are going through the water feature where I was stuck, you need to keep to the right, but be careful because the rocks create a pretty steep angle and you lean towards a massive boulder which could hit on the side of your truck.

Also I needed an anvil and a maul to flatten out my skid plates after this one.

The navy is stealing me away for this one.

Sam, take your time. The trail is 4Runner doable but its right on the limit in a couple spots. Without rock sliders you could take damage to your door sills and rocker panels. My running boards absorbed a lot of punishment for me.

When you are going through the water feature where I was stuck, you need to keep to the right, but be careful because the rocks create a pretty steep angle and you lean towards a massive boulder which could hit on the side of your truck.

Also I needed an anvil and a maul to flatten out my skid plates after this one.

Should I be alright on the rockers and doors with excersizing extreme caution?

I am also unable to make it on the 7th as we are having a birthday party for our 3 year old. Maybe we could get the people who can't do the 7th and do a run on the 6th.

I will be out on this one too, as I will be preparing the Heep for Brakeline on the 13th :)

Ran out of time for Rover work... Still have a few things to do including exhaust, engine oil change and ignition tune-up... Not sure if I will be able to get it all sorted in time.. But I really want to do this trail without all thr rocks being covered with ice!

I too, am out. Ran into a brake related snag with the Landy and haven't had the time to see to it.

Was really looking forward to this trail again... perhaps we will have to gear up an unofficial club run another time! I'm sure there are a few out there who would not turn down an opportunity to bump and grind again soon ;)

I have decided I am going to wait till I get my lift, stronger skids and more aggressive tires, I went out yesterday with jeremy aka winterrider4x4 up in canning and was dragging a lot! 4runner did good but all in all I want more ground clearance and stronger skid plates.. would of liked to have run this but seems as if I wouldn't have too much fun :\

Not sure if I will be there, wheel bearing needs to be replaced and parents in town. Reverse gear still not fixed which is the least of my worries as I plan on moving forward. :smiley-transport009:

Archived