• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Brave Little Toyota ...REBUILDING...

Guest RobertMcC

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its closer to 4" notice gain.

2.5" spacer lift, 1/2" Taller Coils, 31.6" VS 30.6" Tires.

That's a crap! Load of parts atleast it's gettin done

Yeah but alot of the parts were from factory so after 15 years and like 310K they're kinda worn out.

#1 Ordered 144.66 CAD

Stainless Braided Brake Lines ( replace Toyota hard line to flex back to Hard line to the front calipers )

#2 Ordered 239.70

2 Front Wheel Bearings

Couple Brake Parts ( Bleeders, Bell Crank Kit )

#3 - Rear End Stuff Ordered 249.16

2 Inner Seals

2 Outer Seals

2 Wheel Bearings

2 Bearing Snap Rings

2 Self Adjuster Brake Kits

#4 Dealer

8 Backing Plate Studs

8 Backing Plate Nuts

2 Orings for Rear Axle

2 Gaskets for Backing Plate

4 Driveshaft Bolts/4 Nuts/ 4 Washers

Lower Shock Bolt, Lower Shock Washer

Both Seals for The Tcase Input/Output

Clutch Pedal Spring, Clutch Pedal Bushings ( So no more sticky Pedal )

Brake Pads, Hardware Kit,

Seeing If one company will combine shipping for the 4 Rear Lateral control arms. 130$ a set, 40$ shipped 260+80 ( 340$ ) But dealer can only get bushings for the lower at 56$ each, still leaves me buying new control arms

Then calling up Vance Haynes for 2 lower control arms, So I can get those bushings pressed in, see if I can do better then 300$ for 2. Then have to worry about getting my old ones out.

Sonoran Steel has a adjustable track bar for 175$

Well lift is on...

Sits lower in the rear, so means, Make a call to northshore offroad and get the 3" OME springs but only can use their shocks with the springs ( only place I found that sells OME ) to level it out,

or 3" rear spacer or 2" front. 1/4 of the cost.

Panhard/track bar is too short pushing my rear axle too far to the driverside, causing the the whole passengerside to lift up a inch. So trackbar is in order. Or could be due to bad bushings. I'm gonna replace the bushings in the rear control arms, see if that fixes it.

One spring is up and down, the pass side is off a inch.

Ebrake had to be disconnected due to well too short. Doubt they make a inch longer one.

Nothing researching, or kit, said anything about these ebrake, panhard issues.

You can also build/buy a panhard drop bracket. Cheaper than a new bar if the bushings are in good shape. If the bushing in the panhard bar are shot, buy the adj one.

I know it cost more $$, but new control arms are the way to go. I had to replace all 4 on my pathfinder, it was nice to drop one out and bolt the new one in. Done in about 2 hours. I tried afterwards to press out the bushings and it was a real PITA! I was going to keep them as spares, but ended up heaving them to the scrap pile.

You can also build/buy a panhard drop bracket. Cheaper than a new bar if the bushings are in good shape. If the bushing in the panhard bar are shot, buy the adj one.

I know it cost more $$, but new control arms are the way to go. I had to replace all 4 on my pathfinder, it was nice to drop one out and bolt the new one in. Done in about 2 hours. I tried afterwards to press out the bushings and it was a real PITA! I was going to keep them as spares, but ended up heaving them to the scrap pile.

Basically every bushing is shot..Seized Camber Bolts on the Lower.

Rock Auto

109.68 Ea Lower Control Arm

113.88 Ea Upper Control Arm

Total be $651.15 Shipped Thats alot of money.

Or 56$ for 4upper Control Arm Bushings go with the 4 lower bushings I already have.

The rear upper Is Molded Into so have to replace the whole bar Its about 180$ for a set, Lowers I believe you can replace both bushings because I have in the past. But the lowers cost me 56$ each for the bushing.

This is what happens when you just only put gas in oil in a vech for so long.

Panhard/Track Bar is whats causing my whole passenger side to lift up higher then the driverside.

Before

1044260_10151730839381241_1760921388_n.j

After

992794_10151733462731241_683735581_n.jpg

Good news, I got 4 front control arms being pulled off as we speak. For 200$ saved 450$ ( then ordering off rock auto ) I'm gonna take them to my old shop and get the bushings pressed ( 20T and 60T press ) But missed out on a factory E locker rear end. That 4runner was a limited and HAD a locker, but he used all the 4link suspension for his 99. 450$ I could spend on other stuff...

Stuff started to come in.

New C - clips for rear bearings, rear wheel bearings, new auto brake adjuster kits, inner/outer wheel seals.

To go with the shoes, drums, hardware kit and backing plates I already have.

More to come. Spent this month budget already. Haven't ordered the small parts from Toyota yet ( nuts, bolts, mic gaskets/orings, studs etc ) But almost got everything minus bearing carrier, wheel cylinders, to replace everything on the rear axle.

1011020_10151742466911241_334866808_n.jp

Archived