• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Club meeting February 5th

TomWood

Hey Everyone,

We will be having our meeting on the 5th at 7pm, this meeting will be at the Sobeys on Larry Uteck in the community room. Any topics you wish to have discussed please post in this thread.

1. Summer event volunteer request and discussion.

2. Donation Letters.

3. February trail run, trail suggestions/comments.

4. Ledwidge Rally update (Dates)

Please post anything you wish to discuss, or come to the meeting and bring it up. We are open to any and all discussions.

• 2 weeks later...

Should we re-schedule the meeting?

I really like having to drive in poor weather to use my snow tires and AWD.  A challenge!  But it may not be prudent to hold the meeting tonight. We may have a poor turnout.  And if someone was involved in an incident, especially a serious one, we'd all feel bad.  And second guess our decision to hold the meeting.  Driving on sheets of ice can be scary!

At 11 am the forecast said: "...precipitation will change late this afternoon to a mixture of freezing rain and ice pellets and then to snow tonight." 

JMHO!

10 minutes ago, joeylowthers450R said:

i just got home 15 min ago, lots of slow traffic. was hoping to make it to meet a few more members but don't think i will make it in time. was still rain in town, made the switch to freezing around ardoise. next one i guess

Depending on which way one were to go from ardoise, the old highway(#1) has one lane closure in mt  uniacke  just past the upholstery shop just past the elementary school due to downed power lines, flaggers and power  trucks on scene

1 hour ago, Powerram said:

Depending on which way one were to go from ardoise, the old highway(#1) has one lane closure in mt  uniacke  just past the upholstery shop just past the elementary school due to downed power lines, flaggers and power  trucks on scene

yeah seen them on my way home. messy night for them guys

Meetings notes:

Summer event

4 volunteers so far, trail leaders are required from the 4. Plans to change the run up from previous years. Run in reserve maybe… Up international vs down!! August 26to 28th. Run on Saturday 27th. Pre-register and paid 30$ by end of June. On site register will be 35$

M.U.D 2016 MUD August 12-14th . Details TBD.

Feb trial run – Will be TJ’s. Poll for months the club is unsure what to run. Most votes wins. Polls will be up for 10 days. Get your votes in!

Summer session wheeling dates recap:

Summer Event - August 26th, 27th, 28th

Ledwidge July - 23rd 24th

M.U.D August - 12th 13th 14th

Archived