• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Scout 'Off Road!'

sar4x4

1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

Went for a little drive one day or another over the last few.  Started across Candy Mountain Road....  Something we should check out again.........  Been close to 20 yrs since I've been through there....

IMG_1923.thumb.JPG.2d18370f45564eddfeef1

Take it to the car wash, clean it, detail it and take it back to Deb's garage. Park it inside and have her hide the keys from you. 

...you said you weren't going to wheel it... ;) 

Not wheelin', just a 'dirt' road!  lol  I had it in 4-Low though, because the gears are so high with the tires.  I was lubing the front driveshaft U-Joints and T-Case gaskets I told Deb! lol

Should Lock the hubs sometime as well (I didn't this day.)!  But with the current weather I don't see Scout going outside for a while.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 8:27 AM, e36m3 said:

In mineville? That roads gets to porters near the provincial park but I was always by myself and it get pretty rough so I turned around

Mineville, yup.  The last time I tried to drive it there was a small bridge out, and the alders had almost overgrown the road.  Looking at Google (not on Bing though) there seems to be a side road and building near the Porters Lake end, so maybe it's been cleared up a bit.

It is a historical provincial roadbed, like Renfrew.  If it is just alders, we could do a clearing!

Archived