• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Ledwidge Lookoff Rally - Aug 24 - Review!

sar4x4

Hi Folks:

We will likely need three vehicles this year to participate as 'Sweep' vehicles at the annual Ledwidge Lookoff Rally.
These vehicles are to be 4x4 with at least two of them having winches and lots of rigging, and tow straps.
These vehicles are used to travel the route after the cars to pick up the pieces and recover rally vehicles that have left the road!

The course is much longer this year with more cars.

And the rally on the past weekend had a big 'off road' experience I guess!

I plan to go, with 4x4 and winch. James is uncertain if he can make it this year. So we need 1-2 vehicles....., and maybe a back-up vehicle!

http://www.lookoffrally.com/

They also need volunteers for lots of other positions.

Post here if you are interested in helping with the sweep vehicles, vehicles need co-drivers! And to volunteer for other positions go to the website under 'Workers'.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woupd be pretty cool, too bad ill be away for work :/ would of been able to get my hands on lots of other kinds of rigging too, chainfalls, come a longs, tirfors (wire rope puller type come a long to be used with snatch blocks etc.) oh well maybe next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Less than 3 weeks (less a day) away! We need 3, even 4 vehicles. I'm in for one! Only one besides me needs a winch. But all vehicles definitely need a tow strap and a tow point! (And they can call one of the other vehicles for help.) Our job is to drive the road 'quickly' after the race cars go through and clean up any debris on the course. And recover the occasional vehicle that goes off-course! Each vehicle should be manned by two people, a driver and helper! It would be good to see you out Calvin, I see your earlier post.

This is stock friendly folks! Except for the dust maybe! No hard core mods required!

As well as being fun, this is good club and 4x4 promotion. And they provide lunch.....

Help please!

A teaser of what you can see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZGZOR2bZyU&feature=player_embedded

Woo Hoo! We are front and centre on the Ledwidge Rally website right now!

http://www.lookoffrally.com/

AND they've asked us if we have an interest / vehicle(s) to help start the stages, here's the ask: "There are 2 course opening vehicles, one of which needs to be capable of driving the course briskly. Please let us know if your club would like to fill these roles as well. "

I haven't answered that yet, I don't know if we can do double duty or if we need more vehicles.

Post up folks!

Scott/James/Admin - can you post something on the home page/welcome/recent news with 2014 in the headline. It looks old showing 2013 in the title. Maybe even a note about the most recent event, the 2014 M.U.D., was a success or something, 3 days and 300 kms of trails! I'll try to get better stats on that! Thx........

Wow! that is really, really nice of them to feature us on their website.

They want help! lol

Eugene - are you referring to the 3rd post down RE: last year's poker run? If you do a write up for MUD I'll post it.

Yes, and I'll write one up.

Archived