• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Toms Car/Truck/Jeep Finds.

TomWood

I suspect the Bronco would get better mileage than mine. Fuel injected, less rolling mass (smaller tires), much lighter considering shorter and my 1-ton axles, etc. It costs me anywhere from $25-$50 dollars an hour to drive mine in fuel! Compared to maybe $12 in my car.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how you measure your fuel consumption in hours :P... My old '78 Chev 2wd would get about 4 hrs/tank, and had dual tanks, so about 8 he's running time. And that was idling OR 120km/h down the highway :P ! So actual MILEAGE seemed to depend more on speed...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/dartmouth/classic-1962-land-rover-series-2a-88/584027125?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I know this Landie, VERY well done restoration, proof in the fine details.

Not exactly cheap but well worth the asking price (may be room for negotiation but I can not be sure)

To put price in perspective: new galvanized frame is about $5000 before labour, rocky mountain parabolics are good for another grand or so...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably had this one posted before. I'd love to pick up something to drive around and show off for a year. However this one is too tall. With a mild lift I would have considered it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?utm_medium=email&adId=599226588&siteLocale=en_CA&utm_source=alerts&utm_campaign=email_alerts&rtlipmsg=1

Probably had this one posted before. I'd love to pick up something to drive around and show off for a year. However this one is too tall. With a mild lift I would have considered it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?utm_medium=email&adId=599226588&siteLocale=en_CA&utm_source=alerts&utm_campaign=email_alerts&rtlipmsg=1

I would love to have that but not with a body with that much bondo. It doesn't even have the body line on the passenger side.

I would love to have that but not with a body with that much bondo. It doesn't even have the body line on the passenger side.

Ouch! Good catch. Ugh! No wonder the price is so low for such a built truck. I am of the same feeling, I wouldn't want that for a bit of a show ride. My truck may look as bad in many respects, I don't need another one like it!

My truck has very little bondo, but I will be replacing the box side, if I don't make it a step side short box.

My truck has very little Bondo, just the ugliest welded patches I've ever seen! And lots of dents!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived