• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Saturday June 29th

Guest BogFather

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have one comment/suggestion to make; Can we leave for the trail head at 10:30? Been on a couple of runs where we chatted for a long time before hitting the trail (hour or more in a couple cases). Some of us have to pull out early (rhythm method...lol) at the end of the Muddy Myra section and with the wet weather & conditions, I'd rather spend the extra time playing as we always end up stopping trail side a few times to chat anyway.

Still waiting on the f'n call....

drive sans parts, might look better that way :)

Find as many hair driers as you can, borrow them from the neighbours too...

as fun as it is to drive without hood latches and a fuel pocket to keep the filler neck in place, I think I'll pass on that suggestion!

Sorry to cross post here, but I need to have change available just in case. Are there any members wanting to pick up their club clothing tomorrow? The T's are $20, Hoodies are $35. Want to make sure I have a few $5's with me in the hopes that I'll be there. PM me if you plan to do it.

Still waiting on a call....

Wife home tonight..woohoo! Flight delayed 4 hours already due to thunder storms... :( 2-3 am arrival time at the house, not sure she'll be able to watch the kids in the morning...

Whoops, looking at the wrong flight, 4 hour delay, but arrival time of 10-11pm to the house...things are looking better :)

I think you are safe without the skid olates for the Muddy Myra. It doesn't take long to reinstall the radio does it?. I could get you your Cb mike and just run that. There won't be hardly anyone with a working club radio exvept maybe Dave and Chad (Launchpad).

You guys have fun up there take lots of pics! We may go for a run here tomorrow not sure where yet? Would like to go do Halfmoon and maybe we will have new bushings to put in billy's RC arms in am then were going somewhere so who knows.Would like to have got up your way but not this time......... Be good!

do I push and put the skid plates on or take my time and hit them with some rocker guard...?

and the radio for that matter? I took the club radio out of the truck when I thought I was taking it out of the woods - I hated it mounted up on the dash.

Skids go under the truck, who cares what they look like as long as they work. As for the radio, it's the Myra, roll your window down and yell.

Stop making excuses and get your Hummer-on! :smiley-dance005:

Have fun tomorrow folks!! You all SHOULD be able to manage getting your truck/Heep/Soccer-Mom SUVs (you all know who you are ;) ) dirty. Don't forget to TAKE LOTS OF PICS/VIDEO and then be sure to UPLOAD and POST to the Pics/Video section for all to enjoy :) ! Especially you newer folks. It is nice to see pics of a run from different peoples' perspective.

Play safe out there too, wear rubbers!! :smiley-laughing021:

It will be muddy y'know ;)!!

GAME ON! see you tomorrow.

James, take care waxing the Heep tomorrow. Make sure you take lots of breaks, your old body can't do what it used to!

I don't know about you Truro kids, but here in Beaverbank we learned to wax your vehicle when it is NOT raining! :P

Archived