• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

1996 Passat TDI SOLD

Guest RobertMcC

Selling the VW? I take it the discussion from last night prompted this :)

Nah, Been trying to save up forawhile for a Pontiac Vibe or A Toyota Matrix. Same Vech, but rebadged, so figure the Pontaic gonne be cheaper to fix because doesnt have the Toyota name on it... Plus I been in the market for a wagon.

Nah, Been trying to save up forawhile for a Pontiac Vibe or A Toyota Matrix. Same Vech, but rebadged, so figure the Pontaic gonne be cheaper to fix because doesnt have the Toyota name on it... Plus I been in the market for a wagon.

A wagon you say? Go no further!

http://annapolis.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1985-AMC-Eagle-new-inspection-4x4-great-car-W0QQAdIdZ445017101

:P

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You wanna work out a deal on the drivetrain? Keep the rest of it to scrap if you want - I just want the motor and necessary bits to get it to run.

Only thing that I can see that may be a problem, is adapting the DBW pedal because of the forward control. I doubt its gonna reach the motor from the cab.

James I'm sure it will fit. Motor adapted for no P/S and A/C. They're narrow motors, just a crap tones of coolant hoses. And of course adapting to reloacte a lot of the coolant lines and oil lines.

Adapting lines and extending linkage is easyas long as the motor fits

Its just a 4 cylinder, This motor is the 89HP 148Ft TDI. Can boost it up more with nozzles, injectors, bigger turbo.

Drive By Wire is the only thing I can't think of how to adapt being its short and can't be kinked, everything else can.

Archived