• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

M.U.D. 2017!

sar4x4

I am hosting a single day M.U.D. Run for the Backcountry November trail run.
This is a surprise trail, new to most, if not all. (Including me!) Has a reputation in the wheelin' community outside of Halifax!
Reputation is tough, unique, but with by-passes............
Trail is a 40 minute drive from Enfield.
Short dirt road section between Start and Finish.

Optional: Meet early-up at the Enfield Big Stop at 08:45 or earlier for some brekkie. 

Meet Enfield Big Stop at 09:45 for a 10:00 depart via Carrols Corner or Stewiacke.

2nd meeting point is at 911 Wittenburg Rd at 10:40.

Usual M.U.D. Run rules apply!
      No whining.
      No whin....
       No.....

As in previous years for the M.U.D. events, we aren't exactly sure what we will find, things may change along the way, it is an adventure.
No guarantees of Trail Rating....
But they have always been worthy!  Check some of the threads of previous years!
(Maybe M.U.D. should stand for Murky Undetermined Destination!)

All Backcountry 4x4 club trail rules apply as well.

It is deer hunting season, and DNR Wardens are in the area. Keep your rig legal!

Bring some $ for a sharp looking decal too ;)

I am kind of new to all of this. I have been building up a Land Rover Defender to play with. It is not lifted. Would this trail be 'reasonable' or is it a trail for more modified/lifted rigs?

Thanks,

Colin

Good question and I have not been on this trail myself.  My trusted information source says you can make it through with 33” tires and no damage if you take your time.  We promote respectful wheelin’.  We never leave anyone in the woods. If broken we help you fix it or get it to a road that a tow truck can reach.  If it’s too tough, park your rig and hop in with someone else. The roads leading in to the main trail are supposed to have some play spots. One thing almost all, or all, trails will have are bushes that can scratch paint.  We’d be glad to see a Rover piloted by a new(?) wheeler and won’t try to intimidate.  But it is an outdoor sport, be prepared for weather conditions and basic hand tools and knowledge of your vehicle!  Hope to see you there or at another run or coffee night!

Lol, understood.  I was thinking Greenwood or Cape Breton!  Jay doesn't cruise at 100 kph either.  And me only a little bit.  Sometimes we use back roads for convoys.

You aren't too far then, and actually well placed for some of the summer stuff at Fox Mountain Campground, Middleton, etc.

And not too bad for Ellershouse and into former Bowater area trails.

Hope to see ya!

Once we see your truck on a trail, you can bring a DD to coffee nights! lol

1 hour ago, Jawritch said:

So do I! It's my weekend to work. And we're booked 3 weeks in advance so I couldn't take the day off

So sorry bud!  I had trouble scheduling this year.  Hopefully I get back to more consistency and reliability in scheduling next year! Althouhg I won't blame anyone that doens't trust me! lol

20 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

So sorry bud!  I had trouble scheduling this year.  Hopefully I get back to more consistency and reliability in scheduling next year! Althouhg I won't blame anyone that doens't trust me! lol

Even with the best planning in the universe, you can't please everyone all of the time ;)

we're just happy it's going ahead :)

We'll be there in spirit if we can't make it!

18 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

On the hunt for a garage, with a house on the property. Lol

That’s what I was looking for but then my wife and I agreed on what we eventually purchased which works, once we get the initial repairs/renos/unpacking done!  When my brother was looking for his he was saying all he needed was a garage with a toilet, shower stall and stove..,  he was single at the time.  The place he bought has a great wood stove in the house, he has a good supply of wood, (off site), the garage has a 20 something ft X 30 something ft floor with height for a dump truck in the centre and a loft at one end.  And a huge spot behind the garage which is now a fenced vehicle and dog compound.

Quite ideal actually!  Oh and of course wired 220 for the welder and compressor!  

And it’s only in Lake Echo.

Sorry, not trying to get your hopes up!  Lol

Now, if he moves, my situation doesn’t work, because that is where I store two of my three trucks and a large trailer at the moment, and do my big repairs.  

Archived