• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Ledwidge Rally!

TomWood

Hey everyone, for those that volunteered the Ledwidge Rally will be the 23rd at night. This means you need to be prepared to stay up all night driving rally courses. I am still waiting on times from the event organizers but as soon as I have them they will be posted. We will be meeting up somewhere on the 23rd and convoy up to the staging area for the rally. 

7 hours ago, TomWood said:

Hey everyone, for those that volunteered the Ledwidge Rally will be the 23rd at night. This means you need to be prepared to stay up all night driving rally courses. I am still waiting on times from the event organizers but as soon as I have them they will be posted. We will be meeting up somewhere on the 23rd and convoy up to the staging area for the rally. 

Running this in the day was a TON of fun. Running at night I recommend some hefty night lights on the vehicles ... especially 00 (? - the one that pre-runs the course).

1 hour ago, autumnwalker said:

Running this in the day was a TON of fun. Running at night I recommend some hefty night lights on the vehicles ... especially 00 (? - the one that pre-runs the course).

Yeah, I personally wouldn't recommend stock lighting for this!!

14 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

I have a few 4" square LED lights I haven't put on the truck yet if anybody needs to borrow lights for that day.  

Aren't you coming?  These are extra lights?

Car 0, or 00, I'm getting confused, should be the only one running at great speed. 

I'm not shitting on anyone saying we need good lights, we do.  Common LED lights aren't known for 'throw', lighting at a distance, you need to choose the right model for that.

But yea, for many years many factory lights weren't worth crap and any auxiliary lighting is welcome!

My Nissan Rogue factory lights are better than the Bosch Halogens I have in the Suburban.  The Bosch are still better than the factory plain incandescent though!

Load em' up with working auxiliary lighting!  Don't be like my Suburban, all four 'heritage' lights on the grille guard are purely for nostalgia at the moment, they aren't even hooked up! lol

23 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Aren't you coming?  These are extra lights?

I will unfortunately be on duty that day. :( Plus Jessy is goingto Toronto with a couple friends. And since her jeep is still broken, she'll be taking the truck.  

The lights are extra they throw pretty good.  I use them instead of high beams actually.  Also you can rig them up to point to the sides for car wrecks so you don't miss anybody.  Lol.  And good work lights for rigging.    

I would went them back after though.  I have plans for them.  :cool:

Did you end up getting all the spots sorted out?  I thought there was a thread with who was going to be what car, but I can't seem to find it now.  With it being a night rally, I'm not sure what I'd be able to capture for pics.  I wouldn't mind riding shotgun if anyone has a seat I could use.  I can also drive my Jeep out, and have it there as a backup if needed.

Tom will post up, I'm don't know the answers, I don't know the list of attendees.  Tom was away today but I actually sat in the back of the organizer's car as the car I was in and 2 other 'Stage Captains' ran the route and did some Recce of the intersecting woods roads and trails.  And I tell ya we were using AWD/4WD for those off shoots.  And there is at least one teaser that would likely be a great 4x4 route but it is not part of the rally..........  Might be a great run someday.

We are required to bring certain vehicles to the 'Spectator Stage' at Conrads Pit on Saturday afternoon.  I think we are going to try to bring them all in our splendour, with door decals and everything.

There will be great photo ops at least until dark!

And oh, I think we are organizing a briefing for Wednesday supper time in 'Halifax'.  Tom may have started posting on FB.

Tom is leading the organization, I'm just raising the hype!  Yee Haw!

Only one stage was used by us before, two stages are new to us, and they largely are railroad straight and level.  Cars at SPEED!

Sorry for delays guys! However as Eugene has stated we are providing some vehicles for the Pit rally as well. What this means is I would like to see all volunteers at the pits so we can be lined up and show off a bit :) 

http://www.lookoffrally.com/spectators/  The first car runs the pit rally at 4:15, I believe we should be at the pit between 2:30 and 3:00 for debrief and setup. 

I would like to gather everyone tonight for a meeting (Short notice I know) however there are a few things to go over. I am very excited for this event and cant wait for Saturday!

Good to hear from you Derek.  The rally organizers would like 6 vehicles, minimum 5.  At the moment we have 5.  If one were to drop out, we'd have a serious deficiency.....:blink: 

You could meet us in Dartmouth at Conrads Pit for 3 pm, as Tom mentions above, or if that seems like back tracking for you, you can meet in Walton.  From Dartmouth, we will likely travel the 101 to St. Croix, then up Walton Woods road to the Start/Service area.  From Elmsdale you'd probably run the 14 to Noel, then zig zag to Walton.

Tom will contact you respond with his wishes!  Unless he is a bit discouraged,,,,,,,,,,,,,  last night Cindy handed out the decals, but forgot Tom's! he he he

Derek, my brother had my Scout at IMP yesterday............

Archived