• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New Here

simplywinter

Hello!  I am in the valley, here is a picture of my Toyota. Not a lot done to it, 4.56's 33's, and a extra leaf in the back, put manual hubs on it. Detroit locker going in the back soon.  Not a solid front end, just stock ifs with a thick skidplate.  Recovery points front and rear.  

Looking to meet some people, drink some coffee and explore some trails.  I geocache a bit so I understand the idea of "leave nothing behind", and how nice places get ruined by the wrong people.  I also ATV, and have a few other hobbies.

Are there many toyota owners on here? 

1643_10156353388450487_8363280745203579324_n.jpg

Welcome!  Had a Toy once myself.  Those look like General Grabber ATs, painted calipers, fender flares, tow point in front. Locking hubs as you say, and a desire to go off road a little, you've come to the right place!  Read the discussions everyday of what's going on and have fun!

I used to geocache regularly, but not as much lately, so many other outdoor adventures as well!

16 hours ago, TacoMitch said:

Welcome to the BC4x4 forum! Nice yota :1012:

Thanks Mitch!

10 hours ago, Powerram said:

Hahaha, I think it is close between jeeps and Toyotas on here, hard to determine.... Nice lookin truck

Thanks!!

7 hours ago, 82Yota said:

Welcome!

gs61r.jpg

Looks like woody must own a Jeep!

7 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Welcome!  Had a Toy once myself.  Those look like General Grabber ATs, painted calipers, fender flares, tow point in front. Locking hubs as you say, and a desire to go off road a little, you've come to the right place!  Read the discussions everyday of what's going on and have fun!

I used to geocache regularly, but not as much lately, so many other outdoor adventures as well!

Yep! Grabber at2's, offset rims, custom skid plate because it didn't have one when I got it, some rock lights up front, locking hubs were the first thing I put on the truck when I got it after I welded in new rockers.  I also rebuilt the top end last summer and replaced all the gaskets.

7 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Oh and BTW, the truck has clean lines, looks well cared for, looks great!  Congrats!

Thank you!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

9 minutes ago, Eastcoastcam said:

Geez, we're getting way to lax on the letting the toyota owners in here... 

Welcome to the forum. Tacomitch probably peed his pants with another toyota guy here :P !

Comes in stages James...for a while it was Nissans!

Welcome aboard! That's a clean looking Yota!

14 hours ago, Eastcoastcam said:

Yes Devin, that is true... You used to be the same way with new nissan's joining the group ;) .

There's something I haven't seen in a while is a old Nissan hardbody.

13 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Guess I'm a dinosaur! lol 

However my first new rig was an '83 Toyota........

There's still some of those out there. Few converted to diesel even. Love to have one of those old trucks!

8 minutes ago, simplywinter said:

Pics? Build thread? love to see em.

p_00090_zpssm7lguqu.jpgabcf7cb7-f634-4499-9d95-a505cac04f4f_zps

My first gen is a lot rustier now... its been on the back burner for a while but will get some attention soon. The 2nd gen I have a thread on here for, "My junk pile"  in the builds. Havent done a lot to it as of late as my garage is pretty cramped. 

Archived