• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

POWERWAGON

Powerram

So this is a slow build. Here is what I have. It is a 1966 dodge powerwagon w200. Has a 318 wide block, NP 435 4 speed, twinstick NP 201 transfer case and a Brayden LU2 PTO winch. The axles are closed knuckle d44 front and Dana 60 ff rear.

Parts I have for this truck is Dana 60 front from a GMC and a 14 bolt rear that is spooled. Gears are 4.56:1.Keeping the rig leaf sprung.

Plans include custom roll cage in the cab, freshen up the heads with valve job and hardened valve seats, new carb or possibly integrate gm TBI system on the wide block, electronic ignition, new stronger floor in the cab, power steering, and 100% new wiring.

What I have done so far is sold the original fleetside box and custom made the one in the pics out of a 1984 fleetside. I cut it in half, sectioned it , welded it back together and installed the step side fenders on it. Its crude , but it works. Got the truck running enough to drive it around the yard, and am prepping to remove the cab to build the new floor and cage it. Also have removed the original style door handles and latches cus they are scary. Modified modern handles and latches from a 1993 truck to fit and fabwork on the door to make it all work

post-1096-0-99291200-1429983816_thumb.jp

post-1096-0-51659100-1429984242_thumb.jp

post-1096-0-34859200-1429984314_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

Yep, she was sitting straight and flat before I touched it. They drove it in to where it was. All the unevenness is just from pulling at the rear bumper. The rest settled that way. Man is it ever rotten. But has good windshield which I'll remove, wheels and hubcaps I have a plan for and the box isn't too bad, fenders and box sides are great, floor and cross ribs need a bit of love.

I'm not taking it off the trailer for fear it won't go back on. Just going to dismantle where it is and load some more scrap onto it and take her in. If anybody has any scrap cars or car shells, engines, trans , radiators or any other heavy car/truck small heavy equipment,related things they need removed I'm your guy.

Archived