• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Ledwidge Lookoff Rally 2015 - August 15

sar4x4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Okay folks. We need 7 confirmed rigs. At least four with working winches and assorted recovery gear.

We will be supplying Car 00, 0, 99, three sweeps, and a spare vehicle. So we need the spare to have a winch. This is so if a sweep drops out we have a replacement sweep, or if there is a complicated recovery, the spare sweep can help. I don't know if they will ask the spare sweep to remain parked until needed, I hope not, however we will lobby to keep everyone employed and happy! Maybe they can double up (follow behind) another vehicle, take turns with another vehicle, personnel ride along in another vehicle, something!

We have enough interest shown so far to meet the 7 vehicles. Each vehicle requires a co-driver as well.

So far we show, in the order they posted:

1) Calvin (BLAZZING_XJ) '05 Avalanche Winch?

2) Tom (TomWood) '11 JK Winch?

3) Scott (autumnwalker) H2 Winch?

4) James (eastcoastcam) '06 TJ Winch?

5) Tyler (JKWhoo!) JK Winch - Confirmed

6) Robbie (Robicon) '10 JK Winch - Confirmed

7) Jay (Jay) '02 X Winch?

8) Matt (Brunet-Hemi) '09 Ram Winch - Confirmed

9) Derek (derekmac) '02 Grand No winch. Open to other positions and duties.

10) Possible - Matt and AJ My Burban Winch - Confirmed

11) And me and Deb. Scout or Burban Car 0?

12) Possible - John (e36m3) '08 FJ Winch?

13) (My bad with names) (orourked) '11 JK Winch - Confirmed, open to other positions and duties.

Emily posted up as well. At this time I don't believe she has a vehicle and I'll make a presumption she may be co-driving like last year.

One and all post up your thoughts! I am NOT going to try to place vehicles in certain positions at this time. Not even me for Car 0. The organizers had at least one specific request last year. There isn't big financial or reputation gain at this point to even go into a draw. Hmm! Now that is an idea!

If taking pictures, we will have Route Books Derek. You should be able to go ahead of the race and sit along the route just like the checkpoint folks, and the official photog. And once Car 99 rolls through, stay off the course until Sweep rolls through! lol.

I can't say all this for sure but these are not gated private roads, we know the organizers well, and we are helping them out, it has been a good relationship so far. I think it wouldn't be a problem.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be out of town the next two - four weeks. Family matters. I'm trying to make it two! Even so, it will be tough to make it to the summer event. My hope is

to take the Scout down to camp overnight, and maybe man a check-point or camera point along the trail route. We'll wait and see.

I doubt if I'll have the Suburban ready for Ledwidge. Not sure what I'll drive there! Proposing maybe renting a Cherokee Trail Hawk as Car 0...........

And try to have the Suburban ready for M.U.D.! Hmm, we'll have to start thinking routes soon! I have my ideas, I'll have to talk with James!

Tom - please pm me your e-mail again. I'm going to forward the Ledwidge organizer's e-mail to you in case my summer really goes to pot and I can't help out.

Archived