• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Project "Frank"

TomWood

As most know I have purchased two Mazda B2200's. One with a snapped frame and one I have been driving around. Yesterday with the help of my friend Russell (And honorable mention to Clarence and Scott T for helping) we stripped the extended cab one and got it off the frame. Pictures are on my phone and will be added to the thread sometime today. Today we are going to be getting the red truck in and stripping the box and hopefully cab off as well.

The Extended cab (Green) truck needs at least 1 rocker panel, multiple patches (Couple on the floor, some behind the fenders, and one or two on the front facia), Cab corner on drivers side, and two new fenders. The box from it will need a decent amount of work, drivers side all around the wheel well needs replacing, corner by the tailgate needs replacing on both sides, and a patch near the front of the bed on passenger side.

Once completed I am hoping to have a good solid truck to drive, it will need paint at some point but be solid.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here is the update to go with the pictures.

1. We finished pulling the body off the frame of the red truck, we are going to have to do something with Body mounts.

2. Pulled the carbed engine out and discovered the exhaust was not connected near the down pipe.

3. Cleaned and painted the front frame rail, was able to drop in the Fuel Injected motor

4. Russel was able to pull the wire harness from the EFI cab and start mapping it out for the red truck Cab.

So last night a few more things got completed. Cleaned up the spots on the floor of the truck for patching. Clarence finished welding in the patches on the frame and replaced a piece on a crossmember. Russell went through and cleared wires from patch areas and swapped over the steering wheel, and pulled the cluster to swap.

Its supposed to be better than the POR15, similar concept though. Jan (Creepy) on NSJC used it on his LJ and it looks amazing. Also we have now officially cut down the long box and turned it into a short box. This means the extended cab will be repaired and placed on the frame. This includes moving some body mounts and removing two extra box mounts. This is turning into a project and a half.

This includes moving some body mounts and removing two extra box mounts. This is turning into a project and a half.

You said this is what you wanted to do, it shouldn't be a surprise!?

Body mounts are likely easy, cut the old rivets off, drill new holes, Grade 8 bolts with the steel-pinch lock nuts from Parts4Trucks.

Yes, lots of rust repairs. Again, you shouldn't be surprised!

Archived